osunick

3D printable control arms for TA02SW Porsche 934 to convert 236mm wheelbase to 230mm

8 minutes ago, rich_f said:

I always assumed this was an effort to centralise the weight distribution, given that the motor is offset from the centre line in the opposite direction, so your 'fix' might actually be undoing this. I haven't ever weighed it though to see how it compares to the plastic tub chassis, and it might not make that much difference to most people anyway. 

You are probably right given the location of the motor but remember that the suspension also doesn't make the car work better, it's purely for cosmetics. Given that the default holders actually distort the body, the central battery mod keeps the lexan in better shape. If you're not racing, both mods work fine and don't noticeably affect the way the car drives. I imagine the decision to offset the battery was for better balance while jumping. There are so many variables including placement of electronics and the mass of the motor itself that I would be very surprised if it mattered.

On 7/14/2020 at 5:52 PM, Manix92 said:

If anyone wants the file you can download it here.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/9aa30e6e12945085d38dcb59827c79c220200714144537/be7c674c6bea6909ecfc8bcfdc7d7fa020200714144621/3a6bc6

Formats -

STL - fine detail

STL - coarse detail

Step

Parasolid

TteMXoG.jpg

5e6JScx.jpg

Hey @Manix92 any chance you can upload the files again? WeTransfer seems to be stuck at "We are nearly ready" 

Thank you very much for this again!

12 hours ago, unitedclub said:

Hey @Manix92 any chance you can upload the files again? WeTransfer seems to be stuck at "We are nearly ready" 

Thank you very much for this again!

Yeah it will do that, WeTransfer would have deleted the files a long time ago......

OK I was hoping I still had the models and have checked everywhere, unfortunately it works like they got binned when I had a mass clear out to reduce unneeded files on my CAD workstation to speed up back-ups.

Checked the oldest backup and it isn't there either, it would have been on a old HDD external back-up but that drive has been destroyed for security since the move to T7 Samsung's for external back-ups.

So sorry I can't help.

BUT not is all lost try contacting a couple of the other guys on the thread who downloaded it and they may still have the files or know where you can get them.

11 hours ago, Manix92 said:

Yeah it will do that, WeTransfer would have deleted the files a long time ago......

OK I was hoping I still had the models and have checked everywhere, unfortunately it works like they got binned when I had a mass clear out to reduce unneeded files on my CAD workstation to speed up back-ups.

Checked the oldest backup and it isn't there either, it would have been on a old HDD external back-up but that drive has been destroyed for security since the move to T7 Samsung's for external back-ups.

So sorry I can't help.

BUT not is all lost try contacting a couple of the other guys on the thread who downloaded it and they may still have the files or know where you can get them.

Thank you so much for asking! If not its all good I am printing the ones from @osunick ! Just finished the body yesterday looking forward to finishing up the chassis :) 

IMG_5020.HEIC

I'm so glad people find the arms useful. If I get bored I'll spend time with chamfering but honestly I like the rough look. Doesn't affect functionality.

Also be sure to check out the battery mounts I designed because a normal stick pack will bow out one side if you don't use them.