Sign in to follow this  
slimleeroy

Whats that all about then? tamiya

I've asked this before but still don't really know the answer. So forgive me for asking again.

Why the badword do tamiya not make/sell (as far as I can see) replacement front hicaps for the egress.  This car is still available so what happens if i break one and need to replace.  Also. These would sell like hotcakes to people who want to upgrade existing cars (avante, super astute etc).  Tamiya must be the only manufacturer who doesn't support cars they are still producing. It's infuriating.  Any thoughts?

Good question. I have a Mad Bull that needs a battery holder. Car still produced, the parts tree for this particular part is “discontinued”.  Frustrating to say the least.  EBay rarely has one for sale but when they do, it’s about 25% the cost of a new Mad Bull (I’m exaggerating a bit).

8 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

Good question. I have a Mad Bull that needs a battery holder. Car still produced, the parts tree for this particular part is “discontinued”.  Frustrating to say the least.  EBay rarely has one for sale but when they do, it’s about 25% the cost of a new Mad Bull (I’m exaggerating a bit).

This?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carson-13668-Aluminum-Battery-Holder-f-Tamiya-Mad-Fighter-Mad-Bull-DT-01/303511131793?hash=item46aaac5691:g:XIsAAOSwM9VeZ54b&redirect=mobile

• Like 1

Are these the kind of thing you are after?

J

10 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

I've asked this before but still don't really know the answer. So forgive me for asking again.

Why the badword do tamiya not make/sell (as far as I can see) replacement front hicaps for the egress.  This car is still available so what happens if i break one and need to replace.  Also. These would sell like hotcakes to people who want to upgrade existing cars (avante, super astute etc).  Tamiya must be the only manufacturer who doesn't support cars they are still producing. It's infuriating.  Any thoughts?

DSC_5645.thumb.JPG.455b23cc4a6f94bb88eca92fbeadc043.JPG

DSC_5646.JPG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

Which tree is that? I have a bunch of parts I got from a closed hobby shop.

On 3/11/2020 at 8:19 PM, redzone said:

Which tree is that? I have a bunch of parts I got from a closed hobby shop.

F parts - 9335263