BP2411

What models came with a technigold?

Hello everyone, first of probably many posts on here! My kids (3&5) recently found what's left of my tamiya cars

TL01

FF02

MAD BULL

THUNDER DRAGON 

Amongst the boxes of parts I found a technigold, I'd never ran it, definitely didn't buy it but was given the thunder dragon probably 15/20 years ago and never got it running.  Did the thunder dragon come with this motor or was it only sold separately?

Technigold came with a few cars - the Avante (Japan only IIRC), Porsche 959, Bigwig (maybe?) - I'm sure there are others. I'm pretty sure the Thunder Dragon came with a stock silver can...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barnoid said:

Technigold came with a few cars - the Avante (Japan only IIRC), Porsche 959, Bigwig (maybe?) - I'm sure there are others. I'm pretty sure the Thunder Dragon came with a stock silver can...

Absolutely correct - Avante, Porsche 959, the identical Toyota Celica and the Bigwig.

https://tamiyabase.com/parts/952

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks both, I did put it in my mad bull cause I'm sure I never ran it, it surprised me how fast it was so I googled it and found out they can sell for a surprising amount, so I took it straight back out of the car🤣

• Haha 2

Haha! They go for around 30 to over £100 depending on condition! They're lovely little motors, but the brushes are REALLY hard to find, so light/occasional running only! Technipower brushes will fit, and occasionally come up on eBay, but you pay as much for postage as you do for the brushes...