Sign in to follow this  
ThunderDragonCy

Any tips on materials for DIY rear light decals?

I am doing a new body for my TT02 and the rear light decals are awful. Wrong shape, red lights wrap around the side, repeater orange on the back. Rubbish! The shell is already painted so painting them is out. Does anyone have any idea for some generic sticker materials i could make some vaguely representative lights out of? Its a lexan shell, and it's tje latest Ford Fiesta so i can find any other manufacturer sticker sets that might work. 

Cheers! 

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

@Truck Norris had mentioned Wrap-Up Next in some of his build threads.

https://www.rcmart.com/RC-Parts/Decals-Stickers-RC-Cars/Body-Decal-AND-Accessories-Decals-AND-Stickers?sort=p.model&order=ASC

Not the cheapest method if it is going to be a one-off. 

Thanks. I was thinking something like that, but don't want to buy anything from far east right now. Found some cheap stained glass window film on ebay. For a few quid i will give that a go. 

the only other thing I could think of would be to stick some chrome film on the outside and trim it to shape, then paint on the light sections with clear red/orange and maybe highlight with a black sharpie. You could use coloured film instead of paint of course, or paint on the chrome instead of film - the options are not limitless, but probably in the order of 7 ;) 

• Like 2