JimmyMcGoose

Not just another Impreza

Rescued a TL01 Subaru Impreza and decided to do something a little different. 

i e wanted the classic blue WRC model for years (and still do) but as there are soooo many of them around I decided to do this one a bit different. 

The body chassis has had a complete rebuild with some new parts and is almost done but I’ve just started on the body today. 

Im not too sure about the smaller blue and yellow cheque going up above the windows so will do the other side without and compare.

The roof lights work and look pretty cool. 

Had to source the spoiler parts as it came with a drift type one on so have sprayed them white and then will almost be ready to get her out there! 

Let me know what you think. 

C41659E8-B130-4B88-9572-555020D308A9.jpeg

• Like 10

Looks cool -- if only the roof was a different colour to show them white graphics more! 

Hobbyking used to stock a really cheap siren sound module, not sure if they still do it. I guess you could just make the nee-naww noises yourself?

I think I can see a few wrinkles - did you use a hairdryer to help mould the stickers to the shape of the body? It can help with the adhesive too ;)

Love it. I’m on my second police build. The CHiPs wrangler and now the German Cayenne. Am also going to do an Amarok in mountain rescue colours. 

Thanks, yes I did wonder about the roof. 

Thanks for the tip about the hair dryer, will give it a go.

This thing should fly once it’s finished!

In the german military technology museum in Koln (I think) I saw a Cayenne that the german army had trialed; it was made up to military spec right from the factory. First time I've ever wanted one.