c64orinoco

Apocalypse preparation

1 hour ago, moffman said:what we don't need is complete and utter moronic idiots driving stupidly dangerous which can lead to accidents which could be totally avoided! so please please calm it down and drive responsible!

Just to add to it here in Oz it was made public that police are suspending roadside breathalyser’s!!! Why tell people that!! 
Bonkers, a friend has just been past Dan Murphy’s (Alcohol Super Store) where it is shoulder to shoulder apparently. 
Let’s just hope the muppets can’t find their keys once they are blind drunk. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Just to add to it here in Oz it was made public that police are suspending roadside breathalyser’s!!! Why tell people that!! 
Bonkers, a friend has just been past Dan Murphy’s (Alcohol Super Store) where it is shoulder to shoulder apparently. 
Let’s just hope the muppets can’t find their keys once they are blind drunk. 

Lots of idiots in charge everywhere matey. Don't get me started.

DM has started limits :P 3 wine bottles, 1L spirits, 1 slab - pick 2.

Popped out to Woolies yesterday, we needed bread. All the usual shelves empty n surprise, add  to that ORANGE JUICE fridges all empty! Wow weird... everybody now guzzling OJ to starve off flu? Or delivery truck got hijacked. Who knows, don't really care.

• Like 3

So what’s everyone doing with there Rc fix? Is it a case of just having a tinker? Or where you can popping in the garden for a bash about?! 

56 minutes ago, Tommyh1989 said:

So what’s everyone doing with there Rc fix? Is it a case of just having a tinker? Or where you can popping in the garden for a bash about?! 

I haven’t got anything to build, pity as a 1/14 Truck would be ideal. 
I’ve got a Stadium Blitzers brushless motor to solder up, maybe make up a second version dust cover for the tub as it’s mainly a beach runner. 
Change the steering tie rod ends on my Wild One, finish off / install Wild Willy into a MB, maybe a motor swap from silver can to torque tuned in the SRB and I got some AC33 vinyl/rubber conditioner from work to treat tyres as well. 
Other than that ripping up the garden instead with RC’s 😁

• Like 2

Isn't it funny (not) that the most important people in the country at the moment and all the time to be honest! THE NHS workers!!!!!! Can't get a test to see if they are carriers or have been infected yet old Charlie there gets tested and an army or people investigating were he's getting it from..........unbelievable!:angry:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tommyh1989 said:

I've been running my smaller RCs on my little track over at the high school - walking over with 2 cars, staying away from everyone, then walking home.

I had to shoo away a child that came within 20' yesterday, which felt mean but this is the current state of the world. I have noticed that when out walking the dogs, people are very mindful to stay a fair distance away, but everyone smiles and says "Hello" more than normal which is nice. I feel awful for everyone else that is struggling, both financially and emotionally. I wish you the best of luck over the coming weeks and months.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, WillyChang said:

DM has started limits :P 3 wine bottles, 1L spirits, 1 slab - pick 2.

Thats nothing, even Aldi is rationing items per customer too:

1 x scuba diving set

2 x picnic tables

1 x mig welder

2 x plastic meerkats

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

Thats nothing, even Aldi is rationing items per customer too:

2 x plastic meerkats

That's downright annoying! Those meerkats come in a family of 5 different poses, each store only gets 3 models & how do you choose which 2? Then you go to the next Aldi and they've got a different 3 again...

oh. :blink:

5 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

That's downright annoying! Those meerkats come in a family of 5 different poses, each store only gets 3 models & how do you choose which 2? Then you go to the next Aldi and they've got a different 3 again...

You're hoarding all the plastic meerkats? You monster.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, c64orinoco said:

You're hoarding all the plastic meerkats? You monster.

Nah not me, had a neighbour who does... spooky seeng those little eyes staring out. Worse are the ones with the binoculars or the solar powered spotlights :unsure:

i go hoard aldi only for their 20V powertool packs :D Samsung 18650 inside them! Einhell!! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Take a friend along to pick up the others for you, just don’t make eye contact coz security is watching :ph34r:

7 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Nah not me, had a neighbour who does... spooky seeng those little eyes staring out. Worse are the ones with the binoculars or the solar powered spotlights :unsure:

i go hoard aldi only for their 20V powertool packs :D Samsung 18650 inside them! Einhell!! 

I wish I was in the office to take a photo of the comparathemarket family of Meerkats some one (not me) has collected.

I also wish I was there because that is where my M05-RA is waiting for me.

Instead, I am WFH, 'chained' to a laptop and headset as I have been redirected into a call centre for work.

I felt frustration creeping in yesterday as I was reading about builds coming together, things like the M03/M04 mash-up I want to complete, an wR02 quickly put together (son and I have to finish rebuilding his). 

At the moment I finish work, take the office gear off the dining room table, go for a short walk with wife and son, come home and cook dinner, out son to bed and collapse. And repeat.

I shouldn't complain - 

1. We are still healthy (had the bad cold with loss of smell and taste, coughing up lumps but it could be so, so much worse than that)

2. We still have jobs (for the moment)

And with perspective restored...rant over!

Keep those builds coming people!

• Like 2

well i just herd on the news on the radio that the pm and the health minister has the virus know what does this tell you....

that either of them are following their own advice but they expect the rest of the country to follow rules. and i like that the test kits have been made available for these 2 

man this gov is a joke could not organise a p-ss up in a brewery:lol:

• Like 1

It also makes me think that we have probably all got it or have had it, its everywhere and has been around a lot longer than we think.

There are too many random high profile people who have it compardd to the relatively small number of reported cases as a percentage of the whole population.

2 hours ago, topforcein said:

well i just herd on the news on the radio that the pm and the health minister has the virus know what does this tell you....

... who Charles has been snogging not Camilla? :ph34r::wacko::lol:

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

For you guys in Oz, stay safe!

Umm, yeah about that.

The idiots in charge have also decreed to parole much of the prison inmates... "Safer to let them out" etc etc... SAFER FOR WHO?!! :angry:

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, topforcein said:

man this gov is a joke could not organise a p-ss up in a brewery:lol:

Here to, of all the times today is the day where you HAVE to vote for a local Major, and a couple of councillors 🙄, so the the whole town has to queue up share a some cardboard cut out booths and use the pencil tied to it. Bonkers. 

Apparently it was to far in the planning to cancel, and they didn’t print enough slips for everyone to do a postal vote. Doesn’t say much for there management skills if you ask me.

Sorry I’ll get of the soap box now. 

Seeing the responses around the world I'm so glad I live in New Zealand. Our govt has done an amazing job - lockdown early, made a stack of cash available to people and businesses to get them through it, forced the banks to play nice, secured loans for business, implemented rent freezes and said people can't kick tenants out etc etc. It seems most countries are worried about the economy, ours is worried about the people.

Its not often I'm that complimentary about a govt.

Still can't get any car dealers to call me though...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Seeing the responses around the world I'm so glad I live in New Zealand. Our govt has done an amazing job - lockdown early, made a stack of cash available to people and businesses to get them through it, forced the banks to play nice, secured loans for business, implemented rent freezes and said people can't kick tenants out etc etc. It seems most countries are worried about the economy, ours is worried about the people.

Its not often I'm that complimentary about a govt.

Still can't get any car dealers to call me though...

I too am in NZ and yes the situation is be being handled very well for now but I suspect we will be in lockdown for longer than the proposed 4 weeks and then when we do return to the office (I am working at home and have been for 9 days already and I am a banker and have always played nice🙂) the borders will be closed for a lot longer and unfortunately we are very reliant on tourism which will be severely impacted for a very long time. Short term things will be OK but I think medium to long term we will be in a much worse position unfortunately and the economic impact will be felt. I really hope I am wrong and everything returns to normal sooner rather than later. Have been to the supermarket a couple of times in the last fortnight and still can’t get any flour.......Stay healthy everyone and look after your family.

No times for RC projects as work is simply too damm busy. Look forward to seeing everyone’s projects progress. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kalsh said:

I too am in NZ and yes the situation is be being handled very well for now but I suspect we will be in lockdown for longer than the proposed 4 weeks and then when we do return to the office (I am working at home and have been for 9 days already and I am a banker and have always played nice🙂) the borders will be closed for a lot longer and unfortunately we are very reliant on tourism which will be severely impacted for a very long time. Short term things will be OK but I think medium to long term we will be in a much worse position unfortunately and the economic impact will be felt. I really hope I am wrong and everything returns to normal sooner rather than later. Have been to the supermarket a couple of times in the last fortnight and still can’t get any flour.......Stay healthy everyone and look after your family.

No times for RC projects as work is simply too damm busy. Look forward to seeing everyone’s projects progress. 

Good point about the borders being closed for a long time. I agree we'll most likely be indoors for longer than 4 weeks and would've preferred they had told us the length of time they actually expect rather than hope. Its easier to plan that way.

The supermarkets are mental! I bet all those people buying flour don't even know what to do with it!

• Like 1

yeah, not that I am an expert on this, but 4 weeks doesn't seem long enough, especially when you consider that for the most vulnerable of our society to be safe, will need herd immunity at about 80% or more and a vaccine. A vaccine from what I am reading is about 12 to 18 months away.

I've built most of an M07 already. The body needs painting. and for that I'm borrowing my wife's Sillouette plotter/cutter to make some detailed masks. It's a Mini so UK flag on roof of course.  Next up is the M07R which I might do a Build log for. There's also the Hornet and Comical Hornet & Frog, although the wife will be buildign the Frog with my assistance if required. I think she'll be ok. She's promised to teach me how to do Diamond Dots. No. Thank. You.

The only problem is running the new builds... it's excerise isn't it?

• Like 2

I’m still working flat out, but this is my 2nd weekend off this year so I can get some of  the house jobs jobbed and set up distractions up for the kids.

This will please my wife and I now know 2nd time round that ‘happy wife = happy life’ 

Might even get some Tamiya time next weekend! 

• Like 3