c64orinoco

Apocalypse preparation

19 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

I'm terrified there will be a full shut down to be honest. I only earn a low wage, no savings etc.

I can't afford a week without pay let alone months.

I would be facing eviction within a month I think.

And I don't mean this as a dig by any means because I know people are just thinking about the welfare of their family and kids etc, but I'm seeing a lot of people who either are living on benefits or have paid their mortgage off and have savings or can work from home etc all DEMANDING a total shutdown seemingly oblivious to the fact that it could render millions of the lowest earners homeless. It's easier to demand that when you can make it a few months and still have a roof over your head when you come out the other side.

Plus, a lot of small companies would be unlikely to endure a long term shut down. My place of work is already seeing a huge knock on effect from travel agencies losing business.

It doesn't help that every day I see people getting hysterical and adopting mob mentality either hoarding essential supplies or stubbornly refusing to comply with government guidelines. And don't get me started on the old folk I have to listen to on the bus proudly declaring they will refuse to comply if they are asked to stay home.

I struggling to think about RC stuff at the moment apart from what I might be able to sell if it comes to it. But will anyone actually be buying!?!

I just can't believe how quickly I've allowed myself to become a nervous wreck and it's not helped buy all social media misinformation and scaremongering.

I'm hoping and praying that people will follow guidelines and help to flatten the curve of this thing enough that a full shutdown is avoided but as they say, a person is intelligent but people are dumb.

Well put mate.

I certainly can't/won't talk for everyone here, but I am totally with you on becoming a nervous wreck. 

We are in unprecedented times on a global scale - no one knows how this is going to pan out. If we weren't all more than a little worried I think we'd be a bit odd. I think most of the panic buying ultimately comes from a place of fear - fear of the unknown, not being able to provide for our families, fear of experiencing going without of something - a situation probably very few of us have ever experienced. And we cal all empathise with that to certain extent. Unfortunately fear can lead to aggression - the fight or flight response - and even more regrettably, people nowadays are quite selfish and used to getting what they want, and don't know how to respond in a reasonable manner when someone or something says "no."

Thankfully though, there is ample evidence that there are a huge amount of people who recognise this and are all in the same boat as us - everyone on here. :) And to have a space like this where we can vent our feelings (something us men are still very uncomfortable with) without fear of ridicule. Talking about things like this can be all we need to take that edge off the nerves that allows us to take a deep breath a feel a little calm.

Personally, I've mentioned before that I've had some large demons to fight over the years and the thing I find that is first to go when I get stressed is my concentration. I've been sat here at my laptop, working from home for the first day for I have no idea how long, and it's now 10:30. I started at 8, and apart from writing a few emails I just can't get my head into work. I'm just worrying about everything and every possible scenario. Burying my head in the sand (or deflection avoidance to give it a slightly more cleverer name) is my go-to state, so I'll do anything to try and take my mind off things I can't cope with. Hence me spending a good percentage of my time posting here! :) But equally, it's better to get these thoughts out of your head and on screen or paper because it helps to rationalise them. 

Worrying is completely pointless. It destroys your health, sucks up your time and energy and prevents you from doing something positive. Yet we all do it. So we have to find ways to deal with it and put it in a healthy form. I write lists - this stems from the CBT I've done in the past. So, like the toilet roll situation for example, write a list: What do I think could happen? 

• we will run out of toilet paper and we won't be able to use the bathroom.
  • we'll be scrabbling for old clothes etc to use
  • we'll all stink and be dirty
  • we'll get horrible infections from being unhygienic

then I list my rational responses:

• we won't run out of toilet paper. Once everyone has panic bought supply will catch up and we'll all be ok. Worst case the government will step in and ration or get the army to deliver.
  • we don't actually need toilet paper. We all have a shower or a bath, we are largely being sent home to work, just wash after going to the bathroom. It might be more inconvenient for a while, but it's probably actually a lot more healthy and man has been doing it for thousands of years before toilet paper (bidet anyone?)
  • see above - there is no excuse to be unhygienic.
  • just wash! 
  • worst case, don't cut the lawn and do a dog slide. (dig up stinging nettles first!) :)

Then I think about these, and acknowledge my concerns but appreciate that there are sensible answers to them. And I keep doing this. 

There will always be a percentage of people that will stubbornly refuse to comply - it is unavoidable. But it is possible to negate their actions to a very large degree by just making sure you wash your hands as often as possible. There was a really interesting article about why soap works sent around our work yesterday:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/health/soap-coronavirus-handwashing-germs.html

Making sure WE keep ourselves and OUR environments clean will make a huge difference to our avoiding getting sick.

There are going to be casualties in terms of deaths, businesses going under and the like. Unfortunately this happens every day with or without the coronavirus. It is a fact of life. I'm not being flippant saying that, but crap stuff happens every day everywhere. Hundreds of thousands of people have had their homes destroyed in the middle east conflicts, in tsunamis, floods (even here!) and have lost literally everything. But they do get through it, the same as we will.

Let's keep this topic going, as it really is a good, safe place to be open about our feelings about this stuff, and it's something we can all benefit both ourselves and each other with.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

@jonboy1 fab post, I've been sitting here feeling progressively worse for the last hour (ever since I clicked on an article on Facebook that said...  Well, it's not a reputable source and not verifiable, so I won't repeat it, but it made me seriously think that life might never get back to even slightly how it was).  Yes, I've suffered anxiety in the past and as of this weekend it's come back, I'm afraid, I don't know what of but I'm afraid.  But I've beaten it before and I'm sure that even this tough part - the isolation, the start of the mass spread in the UK, the first round of business collapses - will feel easier once we've got accustomed to it.  And life will go on, one way or another.

We're all suffering one way or another.  We need some positive thinking :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

peeps back in the day used corn cobs to wipe their arsses then came out the Sears and Roebuck catalog that became the norm.

i remember my first born as a shower gift we received one free month of cloth diaper service after he was born, well i have plenty of wash rags, 40 gallon water heater. 11,000 gal pool and the toilet tanks for any water needs. Ignorance prevails too consistently on this planet for me, i'm going to work, and come home and build RC vehicles.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

@jonboy1 fab post, I've been sitting here feeling progressively worse for the last hour (ever since I clicked on an article on Facebook that said...  Well, it's not a reputable source and not verifiable, so I won't repeat it, but it made me seriously think that life might never get back to even slightly how it was).  Yes, I've suffered anxiety in the past and as of this weekend it's come back, I'm afraid, I don't know what of but I'm afraid.  But I've beaten it before and I'm sure that even this tough part - the isolation, the start of the mass spread in the UK, the first round of business collapses - will feel easier once we've got accustomed to it.  And life will go on, one way or another.

We're all suffering one way or another.  We need some positive thinking :) 

i'll just say this to anyone that worries about anything (being concerned is a fine trait, being helpful and loving is a great thing) but none of it does anyone any good without faith in yourself  and something Great to believe in. The End!

• Like 2

All building plans shelved. Mrs B’s knee op cancelled so I’m going to work instead of holiday. They are in the pommes frite for drivers

Well since we are being open...

I too used to have anxiety issues, which these days are managed quite nicely with a prescribed pharmaceutical regimen. This means that on an emotional level I am coping pretty well, sleeping okay, etc. However anxiety is a perfectly rational response to a genuinely threatening situation, so on an intellectual level I can't help wondering if I am being irrationally calm due to my meds, and that I really ought to feel more worried than I am. 

But then on the other hand, would it be of any benefit to myself or others if I was appropriately worried? I am already taking what precautions I can, not out of fear but simply because it is logical to do so, so it wouldn't be of any benefit as a motivator. It might make me more empathic I suppose, but I have a pretty good memory of how the world felt in my pre-medication state, so I can certainly empathise with those who are feeling anxiety at the moment. So maybe I am best off as I am?

Anyway, I have a Bluebottle and two ballraced alloy steering racks to keep me amused on my days off, one of my colleagues is considering a buying a touring car that he would want me to build for him, and work still want me on site during shift time, so Coronapocalypse boredom doesn't seem likely to be an immediate concern. 

• Like 4

Today I was informed that my superiors are watching the situation closely but have no intention of closing. There will be extra hand sanitizer available that will fix just about everything. Our company will be doing its part to keep the US economy going :rolleyes:. Everything in town is closing down but some in my company treat the whole thing as an overblown joke. Yes, that's right, its just the rest of the WORLD overrating. Nothing to see here folks, get back to work. The governor has allowed those temporarily laid off from business shut downs to collect unemployment but, in the mean time, my company is pulling out all the stops to keep us there. They didn't even realize you could be sick without showing symptoms immediately.

I'm always amazed at the varying responses to this crisis at the factory. Some say the virus was created and released by the rival political party to bring down the current president. Others claim that party is minimally purposely trying to tank the economy and the virus really isn't serious. Others don't want to be bored at home. Some are legitimately worried for their wellfare and that of their families. Some are stunned by management's relaxed downplaying of the situation. With well over 50 employees all working very closely, often side by side and face to face normal seasonal sicknesses tear through the place fairly quickly.  I guess, in the end, we're finding out what's more important to the boss, our health and well-being or his money. Oh, he hasn't been by the factory in some time (he used to be there daily). Too busy social distancing himself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I couldn't think of anything worse than isolating myself for two weeks and the wife is having palpitations on the thought of been isolated with me for two weeks! ( I think I'm quite easy to live with👍) wife on the other hand has a totally different opinion😟

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Wow. Interesting read... I didn't know how much of TC suffered from anxiety.

I've got a general mindset of not doing the worrying thing but this evening I've got a little more concern than I did yesterday morning. I work in a shop inside a supermarket. Obviously people are panicking all over but we were shut down after a glass atrium shattered above our shop (y'know Health and Safety reasons). So my shop is shut until further notice...

Then, today, my Mom is told by her work (an A&E department at our local NHS hospital) that she might not be allowed to work because she is in the "at risk" age category. This means that if she has to self isolate then I'll have to isolate too in order to safeguard. After all, it would be pointless if she stayed home in isolation only for me to go out and get Covid19 to bring it back to her.

So now I'm starting to worry that both of us will be unable to work, earn money, etc. 

The only saving grace is that we already buy in bulk so we've got plenty of food (and toilet paper) to last us a while should we have to isolate. Thankfully. 

• Like 1

I'm at home, 8 days into isolation and with another 6 to go. I have the benefit of a stable job that allows me to work from home. Although it really is starting to test my mental state. As with many others I suffer with depression/ anxiety and the lack of air (quite literally) is a problem. I have stopped writing lists as the list itself stresses me out. I am buying up a few RC related items as there is a chance that my office will not want me to return in the long term (maybe 12 weeks).

This isn't going to pass quickly and I think we need to accept that it's going to get worse before it gets better. That's not an overreaction just the truth of the bell curve we are facing in the UK. We are on the upward slope and all we can do to flatten that curve the better. There has been a lot of talk about the severity of the virus and there is no doubt that there will be many deaths (the UK is suggesting at best 20,000 and worst 250,000) and these will be heavily focused in the over 70's and those with respiratory problems, which I am neither. 

I hope people start looking out for each other. And if I can help anyone in here I'll try (partially for my own state of mind).

You cant spell 'CoRona' without RC.

just reading some of the news updates from here in Australia and UK, and at least those governments seem to responding to the concerns of many about not paying rent or going bankrupt.  Direct cash payments, laws against evicting people from rentals etc, plus I bet you there will be more, including deferring of mortgage payments etc. Will this will be a difficult 3 months or so ahead, and our governments can't afford for all of us to fail.

• Like 3

At my company they are just starting to grasp the gravity of the situation and are waiting for signs from the government if to shut down and about possible unemployment, in the meantime a coworker showed up sick today, just like that, after a couple days at home with a cold. Unbelievable.

So we are still open and fully functioning for now but to be fair today they also said we could decide for ourselves wheather to keep coming in or stay home. I decided that starting tomorrow I won't go in to work until further notice, unemployment or not. My bosses seemed to have respected my decision with no hard feelings.

What I told them is the same I'm saying here: far from wanting to cause any further alarm, I just think that by now we should be objectively past any point of denial and therefore try to focus on what we can do to help the situation, which for most of us common people consists is staying put. My decision to stop going to work doesn't come from sheer fear or panic, but rather from calm and rational pondering. I don't deem a few more days of pay worth exposing myself, high risk or not, and even though, like for most, a lack of income would soon have very bad consequences, if it comes to such priorities I'd rather be broke and healthier than at risk -to say the least- with a few more bucks (because all of us, bosses included are by now pretty sure we'll have to shut down anyday soon). Forthermore, my absence won't really inconvenience anybody at this time, as the amount of work left is limited and can be totally covered by who's in more need than me of those few more bucks and therefore is willing to stay despite the risk. I totally understand their point of view as they understand mine but as for me, being able to afford staying at home while this work situation is figured out, I decided to do so in order to simply limit the risks towards each other at least in that department. I think that all non essentials businesses should and will be forced to do so sooner than later. Mine is in public/private art and high end construction so it's far from crucial to society right now.

As for my wife, also in her case she has to go to the office -now almost deserted- two days a week to do some stuff only she can do, but besides that she'll also stay home.

I'm not gonna stop living at once, I will still go to remote places to run my cars and we will still have to get groceries sometimes (didn't stalk up for more than 10 days or so) and go out to get some fresh air, we'll use all the precautions like anybody else and after that we'll see.

There's only so much we all can do, and constant worrying wears you down fast: better use logic instead and try to stay calm, objective and proactive (or... non active, in this case). Ethically speaking too: it's a good idea not to binge buy leaving nothing for the others and not going in to work if you are sick.

It's crazy times indeed, but hopefully with a calm approach and some positivity we'll get over this thing, as humanity altogether.

As for what to do during these times of seclusion, besides the usual things around the house and the compulsive cleaning habits we'll be soon developing,  I have a few personal projects going (pleasant side jobs and my own stuff) and RCwise I'll jump on the restoration of a gold pan RC10 that I just started not long ago. I'm waiting for the last two parts to show up in the mailbox and I'll have all I need to complete the project. I can't wait as that sure does boost my mood.

Anyway, like others already said I think this thead really turned into something good.  It's so interesting to see the genuine opinions, points of view and current situations of TC members from all over the place. I hope members from all latitudes will contribute as, to be honest, I value this thread and its direct information much more than many of the news that the media force-feed us every day.

All the best to you all, and hopefully our hobby will help lift up the spirits in this tough times.

• Like 5

Edited by Ferruz
Double post

My role involves contact with the general public - generally around 10 per day - in a retail environment. All sensible precautions are taken, including staying in our own offices, not coming too close, etc, but refraining from hand-shaking clients is proving a difficult habit to break! (We generally pass around the hand sanitiser afterwards, just to be safe).

My wife's role as a school nurse has her coming into contact with a lot of students and staff every day, but as a registered nurse she is trained to avoid contagion, and very careful.

My kids are at 2 different schools, and at an age where they understand what's going on, understand the need to be careful and have been well educated by my wife regarding personal hygiene - my concern is that their classmates will be more blase, or even naive.

If we were to go without work for a while, then so be it - the health of my family, and the larger community, is far more important. I'm lucky to have always had a "save for a rainy day" mentality, but working in a retail environment I'm painfully aware I'm the odd one out in this respect. I'm very hopeful that the economically vulnerable are supported in these situations - I'd rather my tax dollars go towards a family putting food on the table, than yet another corporate bailout.

(On a very selfish note, I am concerned whether I'll receive a refund for my April family holiday that was cancelled by the tour operator on Monday).

• Like 2

We are what, aged 35 - 60?  Our chance of dying from this is probably less than 0.5%. That's 1 in 200 people dying.  Even so, I'm not freaking out for myself.  1) probably 70% will not catch it with social isolation.  2) I'm doing Wim Hof breathing technique! (though I'm not betting my life on it, it might help?)  

But I'd rather people think as if they might die.  If there are less people infected, there is a less chance that my 80 year old parents would die from it.  My dad was a life time smoker. If he gets it, he might not last long. He only retired 6 months ago. 

So I want people to be weary of one another, as if we are all zombies.   

sDUHzR5.jpg

J7zRChA.jpg

I wish we had an economy built on regular folks.  

Instead, we have an economy built on Tesla stocks.  Since we can't eat Tesla, when there is a natural disaster, terrorism, or disease, those investors withdraw money, and suddenly the economy tanks.  I'm all for Tesla, but as Elon said himself, Tesla stock shouldn't be that high.  I thought the interest rates should have been raised couple years ago.  That might have put some water on Tesla fire (no pun intended). Slower safer stocks like Clorox and toilette rolls, frozen chickens, tires, car batteries, computers, tooth paste, would have gotten invested.  Those don't fall as fast because people need to eat. 

Slow growth would give more money to the middle income families, instead of Tesla investors. We just have to spend that money to wipe our rear ends.  Unless you've got yourself a bidet.  I've installed one of those add-on things, and it's a game changer.  (I digress as usual)  The point is, if you have 30 million dollars worth of Tesla stock and you sold it all, you are not going to buy 30 million dollars worth of tires.  It's 30 million hidden from the economy.  But if that money was spread wider to less risky stuff, we'd all have 200 dollars more a week. We'd have to spend it on fixing our old cars or replacing our broken phones or something.  Unlike billionaires, we can't really stash our money away. We have to spend that money to weather this Covid storm. The economy would've been less shaky.    

Anyway... I've still got to use my phone, so I upgraded it from 5S to 5S. (just the battery, regrettably)  

Cy2KIMz.jpg

It lasts for days!  I'm so well prepared for the apocalypse now.  

WO7tVMv.jpg

While I was in the mood for giving more power to my phone, why not for my computer too?  

My Dell came with 450w.  I salvaged a 530 watter from an even older computer.  

bnr3Z9K.jpg

It was bigger, but it works.  My graphics card gets 1-2 more volts now. Not that it matters.  I'm thinking about upgrading it to either 1660Ti or 5600XT.  But with the economy shrinking, I think I'll wait a few weeks to see if my work load would shrink too.  

QXke66n.jpg

My wife is an easily excited person.  By February, she started to stock up so we wouldn't have to shop when people are really freaking out.  I was against freaking out. But I was all for shopping when not crowded.  We usually do groceries once in 3 weeks.  But since that was taken care of, we are not going out anywhere.  Not to the groceries, not to the usual restaurants, not even to IKEA (I like their meatballs and apple juice).   

So, we stayed home all weekend.  That gave me enough time to fix the phone and the computer.    

She even bought 15 pounds of flour last month.  She never bakes, which means I had to learn to bake.  But the end result was a delicious milk bread.  

vYZFf18.jpg

Unfortunately, we are running out of some things.  She doesn't even drink tea, but she keeps buying flowery tea stuff.  I got to like this one, whatever this is.  But it's running out because she's not going out to buy stuff.  

1ObxYEy.jpg

Kea4ec0.jpg

We were running out of coffee beans. Fortunately, people don't seem to stock up on coffee beans.  They are nervous as it is, I suppose.

Last but not least, I even got this finished.  

3KhoPqP.jpg

I was amazed at how maneuverable it is at low speed (with a stiffer return spring for the steering).  I'd even call the steering precise. (Though, it backs up like Moon Walk gone wrong with epilepsy)  370 Sport Tuned was delivered, but didn't install it.  The stock motor is fast enough for running around the kitchen stool.  

In all, I hope everybody keeps calm but cautious.  Hopefully, we don't lose any elderly family members to the virus.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We’re meant to be going away this weekend, little caravan holiday. Government advice stay away from pubs, clubs, restaurants, busy social areas. (In essence the entertainment part of the campsite) however the site is staying open! Refuse any sort of refund. This is Parkdean so a big company, not a little family one. 
I was shocked by the response. We’ve got a six week old baby so I’m not risking it. Nor am I going on a holiday just to sit in a caravan for a weekend while we can’t do anything ha! 

On 17 March 2020 at 7:37 AM, yogi-bear said:

I feel your pain, I too am self employed and this could go bad for me too. I thought it was, as some of my customers shut down last week, but it seems it'll only be temporarily. I also nearly hit the wall a couple of years ago, learnt some hard lessons and am better prepared to weather a downturn.

I'm self employed as well , so it won't be great . So far it looks like we won't be shut down YET , IN AUS .

But things have changed  Alot in the passed few days . We are now down to 100 people only groups "Looks

Like "  100 Indoors & 500 outdoors . Not 100% . This is what it is saying on News that run with the info on the bottom . 

So now burnout comp this weekend or supercars etc NO go :( . Schools still going , as kids are fine HA ,

But teachers will NOT be OMG ... No one has thought of that . Just like F1 , rugby etc  No people at events . But didn't think

about the workers or players . Then shut it down , On the day . 

O-well , we all will have to carry on and get by . Like we have in the passed .

More RC time maybe for us all :D ... 

3 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Forthermore, my absence won't really inconvenience anybody at this time, as the amount of work left is limited and can be totally covered by who's in more need than me of those few more bucks and therefore is willing to stay despite the risk.

That's a very selfless and understanding attitude there mate.

• Like 2

My wife now knows about the Super Astute in the garage. Its become part of the household isolation plan. 

We're fortunate in New Zealand as we don't have the outbreak yet and have time to prepare. Our government have come out with a massive response which should help, 4% of our GDP as an aid package. I hope we do more, personally if it costs me more in tax I don't mind as people will lose their houses! I won't but prefer an equal society.

I work with Llolyds of London so get updates about the insurance industry response and I'm very concerned. We are ready to self isolate and would rather its starts as soon as required, i want to minimise fatalities. 

I really feel for people who have health issues or will be affected economically, either way sucks.  I think this is going to be massive and affect us through to the end of the year but hope i am wrong

• Like 1

One of the benefits of my wife and I's personality is we avoid people at all cost in our normal daily lives. Aside from work and grocery shopping (which is done at odd hours when the stores used to be fairly empty) we don't interact with others. Furthermore with our daughter's situation and no family member/babysitter we're with her 100% time when she's not in school. I haven't been alone with my wife or taken any real vacation in many years. In essence, we have no life and haven't for about 5 years or more. This means we have some extra money tucked away. You'd be surprised what people spend on eating out and general "shopping" not to mention car payments and other "latest and greatest" material possessions. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Life's short. Enjoy it as you see fit as long as no one gets hurt.

What keeps me from just walking away from my job is the concern for what the economy will be like on the backside of this mess. If a big recession results,  jobs might not be plentiful. My question is how much immediate danger am I putting myself and family in currently by being a good soldier to my scatterbrained company vs financially hampering us after this settles down? Its a gamble either way. 

• Like 3

Well it’s happening whether I like it or not-

My wife has to work from home for the next 3 months.

2 of her gyms have been shut.

The boxing club has been shut for daughter 2

Our office of 75 people is getting rapidly smaller and smaller each day

There was a lot of room in all of the 3 trains I get to work today

The show I was going to take my 4th daughter to on Saturday for her birthday has been cancelled. 

Nothing life threatening just all a bit meh 😕

• Like 1

Well with the Toilet Roll situation I am thinking of buying shares in Bidet manufacturing as I reckon they will soon become the new standard feature in new houses 🤔

And on an even lighter note..

TOM HANKS
- Survived 4 years in an island alone.
-A whole year inside an airport without being able to come out.
-Got AIDS in Philadelphia.
- Fought in WW2 and rescued private Ryan.
-Landed a airplane in the Hudson River.
-In Vietnam he rescued LT Dan.
- He was kidnapped by Somalies.
-He survived Apollo 13 Trying to make it to the moon.

If this guy dies on us from the Corona Virus we are all pretty much screwed🤣🤣🤣

Seriously though keep safe people.

Just heard today that my Son’s return flight in May from the USA has been cancelled. There is (was) a window of opportunity in late March to return, but both me and my wife have decided it is safer for him to stay on campus for now rather than travel in a potential peak of this mess. An overwhelming response from friends he has made over there that he is more than welcome to stay and be looked after as long as needed (much to the relief of a very anxious mother) restores our faith in people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The simpleton mindset of downplaying the entire spectrum of the virus' impact both on health and economy is in my opinion a huge setback to stopping it, if not the biggest.  How many times do the experts have to say this is serious and unprecedented before everyone takes it seriously??  It's absolutely mind boggling. 

• Like 3

My factory has gotten interesting. About a third of the guys fall into the at risk age bracket so are working out the rest of their shift and that's that for them for the foreseeable. Being 23 I'm pretty much zero risk so I'm staying on until they physically close doors. My better half is working from home for two weeks as she's at risk through existing health problems but as she's an apprentice it's a pittance which doesn't cover our rent. 

Most of the older guys held senior positions, so very quickly people are being trained how to sort paperwork, order material and given key holder duties. Orders have ramped up again, by the time were nearly done with a pallet another 250, 500 parts are requested. Once you find the rhythm it's okay, just hard work. My train in the morning is quiet as it's before 5am but you see the London commuters on the other platform, maybe 20% of what it was. The train home is about 20 minutes to five, basically rush hour again and save straggling schoolchildren and workers from the industrial estate it's barren. 

I am tired when I get home, but sometimes I have a 3d print waiting for me if I remember to set it up. Currently prototyping a Boomerang chassis, working with what I've got at the moment. FF01 bits I'm currently battling myhermes over (2nd attempt! Please just leave it in the porch!!) But that will keep me more than stocked up. 

• Like 2

I'm just waiting to hear from two sources today...

1) My Work: I'm hoping my department is going to reopen today. Even though it was a Health and Safety issue, not Covid19, it's still worrying. My team was directed to work in the High Street stores until our place reopened. This isn't ideal with Covid19 about. 

2) Mom's work: They were having meetings all through yesterday about "at risk" staff being sent home to self isolate. I'm hoping for the final decision to come out soon. 

I'm surprised that I'm actually getting a bit stressed out by everything.