BP2411

Mad bull improvements

Hello everyone, hope this is the right section, picked up 2 well used mad bulls for my kids, they could definitely do with some new wheels & tyres, I've seen some people using different wheels on them, any recommendations? Or anyone know the best place to get cheap original wheels? Any colour will do (white does look nice though). 

What shocks to people use to upgrade these? 

Lastly, the much needed steering mod, anyone know what parts I need to do this? 

Cheers

White wheels would be available from the WR02 VW camper kit. 

Best thing is bearings and and lipo.

The steering arm sometimes gets caught on the chassis. This can be improved with a 3mm threaded rod and ball joints with 5mm adjusters. Instead of the thin rod it has as standard.

• Thanks 1

I run mine on stock wheels and tyres for grass but also aqroshot wheels and dirt hawgs. Bearings of course + sport tuned motor. Steering needs a bit of fettling but a man of your experience shouldnt have too much trouble. Part of thier fun is their slightly imprecise nature

IMG_1702.JPG.d887641469e444563a6b7730fb5187de.JPGIMG_1807.JPG.0f599d9bc9f092945a29506cf57a043a.JPG

• Like 1

I believe blitzer beetle and stadium blitzer will provide white hex rear and bearing fronts from stadium blitzer but in bigger 2.2 size which opens up a world of tyre options. Even the standard tyres work better on 2.2's if you can stretch them over. Lol

Just fitted monster beetle wheels to a lunchbox and the difference is amazing.

And metal pinion gear, instead of the cheese that it's supplied with. Gearbox is bulletproof, but sometimes the aluminium wheel hexes wear out losing the splines which loses drive.

I believe this only happens when a wheel loosens or with big power but no harm in getting yourself a pack of M4 locking nuts and a spare set of hexes.

Monster beetle wheels (2.2")

Lunchbox tyres ( same as mad bull)

Upholstery foam from eBay, cut to size.

I didn't glue the foam, just cut it a bit long and stuffed it in.

£2 enough to do 2 sets of tyres.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352161409025

spacer.png

It gives the tyre less sidewall, so it doesn't wander around as much.

• Like 1