martinjpayne

Anyone in Melbourne, Oz willing to shop for a UK guy?

Hi, the title says it all:

I'm looking for someone in Melbourne, Australia to check the stock availability, then purchase and post to me (in the UK) some body shells from Hearns Hobbies.

Thanks in advance,

Martin.

I need a small part (plastic gear case) which is free shipping in Australia but prohibitive to uk, so if it does happen please could I buy the piece I need and you get it sent over with these bodies?!

• Like 1

Hiya fellas. Yeah I'm in Melb... what exactly are you after from Hearns?

Although they promise they can ship to UK...? https://www.hearnshobbies.com/pages/shipping-policy

Hearns bit more into static models & trains IMHO, not so much car RCs so not my usual haunt even though they're only a short tram ride away. 

Theyre now owned by same mob as Hobbyman, who started off in Dandenong (suburb about 25km southeast of city) but now moved to NarreWarren (40km out). Country store is bigger with more RC car/drifter/crawler out there.

Theres usually heap more bodyshells stock at Hobbyman than Hearnes, unless it's some odd leftover old items. :) 

Suggest shoot them an email?

They're generally good guys, know friends working there. 

Doubt they'll be "too busy" to help, retail traffic downunder is dead Dead DEAD all year with this current CoViD19 issue. 

@WillyChang yes I know they say they ship to Europe, but they won’t respond to my emails... in the last month they only replied once to ask what I wanted, since then nothing, even though I sent same request from multiple email addresses. 🤷‍♂️

What I’m after is the Rally Legends Fiat 131 Clear Bodyshells... Hearns website stock list says they have ‘high stock’. I would like to know how many they actually have in stock, and order at least three (possibly more).

If you can be of any assistance I would be grateful.

Martin. 🤝

Lemme have a sniff around Martin, no promises when though. Currently the whole town is crazy getting ready for shutdown lockin whatever... crazy! In between we're sobbing into our Weetbix about the lack of toiletpaper, state of world's stock markets and the AUD dumping to 55c (was 70c last month!). 

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much, mate. 

Don't put yourself out or take any risks on my behalf... I'm not in any major hurry for them, too many other things to do at the moment: Mrs. P has got me decorating (when I'm not traipsing round shops looking at empty shelves!)

Thanks again for your offer of help, and keep safe.

Martin.