Sign in to follow this  
Andy Stewart1

Tamiya Vanquish

Hi All, 

I’m working towards getting this car up and running and have a couple of queries, can anyone help? : 

This clearly isn’t the original shock tower but can’t seem to find an original one, what other models might use the same part? 

Is this the correct motor plate that is missing from the photo 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152681129921

Pretty sure that front bumper shouldnt be so bent. Anyone have one of these?

Thanks All

4956CC59-25BD-442A-B783-FFC896C0A5D5.jpeg

The motor plate you have linked is the correct one for the Vanquish. The correct plastic front shock tower is part of the G parts tree (G5 to be specific) for the Vanquish and is unfortunately unique to that model. The Vanquish also uses "mini" CVA shocks at the front with a unique tapered spring (for clearance purposes IIRC) and smaller lower spring cup.

• Thanks 1

I’m too tight to pay 30 quid for a genuine set of tyres. 

After market tyre sizes are confusing me, will 2.2” tyres fit? what does that measurement refer to ? 

Front shocks and motor now fitted ;)

03FECE2A-B022-462A-99E5-FCA3B95E48AD.jpeg

No. 2.2s won't fit the stock wheels. 2.2" is the inner diameter. You can buy Tamiya DF03 wheels which will fit the Vanquish and accept 2.2" tires. An extra set of these were included with the first Avante re-release and I have a set on my Egress so they'd work fine on the Vanquish. Alternately, sticking with Tamiya and your stock sized wheels, you could fit Tamiya pin spike Super Hot Shot tires that would be the same as the standard Vanquish tires, oval block tires from the Hot Shot (and many others) or the re-re Egress hybrid spike tires. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Saito2 said:

No. 2.2s won't fit the stock wheels. 2.2" is the inner diameter. You can buy Tamiya DF03 wheels which will fit the Vanquish and accept 2.2" tires. An extra set of these were included with the first Avante re-release and I have a set on my Egress so they'd work fine on the Vanquish. Alternately, sticking with Tamiya and your stock sized wheels, you could fit Tamiya pin spike Super Hot Shot tires that would be the same as the standard Vanquish tires, oval block tires from the Hot Shot (and many others) or the re-re Egress hybrid spike tires. 

Thanks Saito I’ll have a search to see if any of those mentioned tyres are about. I do want to stick with the stock wheels, I like them. 

Off topic but are people mainly from the uk on this forum ? Just curious and many people don’t add location in their profiles

9 hours ago, GTodd said:

How about that Optima Mid in the background?!

@GTodd Well sir... you are not going to believe this. 

I made an horrific discovery ... see photo! BRUTAL

This is a second hand car I bought 30 years ago so no idea whether I did this or whether I bought it like that. Needless to say I haven’t dared to look what’s underneath, but I don’t think it’s a ‘strengthening plate’ :-) !!  

Painful isn’t it. Anyone got a graphite chassis for sale? 

BUT i did find on the media section of this website a hop up poster for the vanquish and never ever knew they released a graphite chassis for it !! I’d love to get my hands on one of those but I imagine they are the rarest of rare items??

sorry for the poor images my camera is on the blink 

12A6A40B-2B43-4ABC-B861-4BEFCFA4E960.jpeg

6 hours ago, Andy Stewart1 said:

@GTodd Well sir... you are not going to believe this. 

I made an horrific discovery ... see photo! BRUTAL

This is a second hand car I bought 30 years ago so no idea whether I did this or whether I bought it like that. Needless to say I haven’t dared to look what’s underneath, but I don’t think it’s a ‘strengthening plate’ :-) !!  

Painful isn’t it. Anyone got a graphite chassis for sale? 

BUT i did find on the media section of this website a hop up poster for the vanquish and never ever knew they released a graphite chassis for it !! I’d love to get my hands on one of those but I imagine they are the rarest of rare items??

sorry for the poor images my camera is on the blink 

12A6A40B-2B43-4ABC-B861-4BEFCFA4E960.jpeg

YIKES!!!

In regards to the graphite chasis, yes it was an option for the Vanquish, same option set for the Avante, and the same chassis stock with the Egress.  The Egress Rere Chassis is afforadable and would be a great hop up for your vanquish. Heck Nearly all the pieces that ypu need you can source due to the Avnate and Egress rere.

• Thanks 1

@GTodd thanks for the advices .. I see I see!! this could well be on the radar once I get her on her feet. 

As for the optima it’s taking a back seat for now, got to start somewhere. Might as well be where it all started I suppose. 

There is a ton I need to learn. 

Got into it today a fair bit. 

Thats it for now until save for an ESC battery servo and receiver. 

Would love to stick a fresh body on here. 

7A013CFD-2BA9-4588-A41F-A38243605A74.jpeg

• Like 1