67CamaroSS

Can you ID this speedo?

I am cleaning out my parts bins and I found this speedo. I think it came off a Wild Willy, but can’t remember for sure. It’s on a Futaba FP-28S servo. Is this a Tamiya part?

thanks

C4AB091C-646E-4B74-AD62-C8477408B5DE.jpeg

Thanks.  I do have an original SuperChamp that I put away in storage, so it makes sense now.

That’s hilarious I found an identical speed controller attached to an old servo on Sunday  and I was going to post a picture on TC to find out what it was for 😂

Job done, box ticked 💥

IMO, keep it in the box.  It's OK, but the plastic insulator part between the contact plates can weaken and break over time allowing one of the two rotating contact pins to get wedged/jammed between the contact plates and short the battery.  Servo cannot move it when that happens and poof!   In my case it turned the entire negative battery wire completely black internally and had to be replaced.  Battery pack still worked afterward though.  This was back in 1984-85 before ESCs were more common and affordable.   I made my own ESC from magazine plans after that.

• Like 1

It's deffo staying in the box . I had 2 nib's and fitted one to a resto , that's sold now though - still have the box tho .

• Like 1