netsmithUK

Free Subscriptions to Tamiyaclub.com to fill the time...

22 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Thats strange cos I pay a subscription.? Not aware of being gifted one? Do you know who did it. And possibly more important why have I been paying?

Re-Bugged, although it could have been the other way around?  3/25/2020

If thats not the case then it is possible that you still got your normal renewal email because I'd not anticipated that particular scenario (ie a subscriber gifting to another existing subscriber)

Chris

1 hour ago, netsmithUK said:

Re-Bugged, although it could have been the other way around?  3/25/2020

If thats not the case then it is possible that you still got your normal renewal email because I'd not anticipated that particular scenario (ie a subscriber gifting to another existing subscriber)

Chris

2 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

Hi BusDriver, I think the issue is that you are on a 'gifted' solution yourself from March last year? Subscribers that are given free subscriptions then cannot give free subscriptions  to other members for obvious reasons ;)

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Thats strange cos I pay a subscription.? Not aware of being gifted one? Do you know who did it. And possibly more important why have I been paying?

I did indeed gift a Subscription to Busdriver as stated, I’m sure I checked Busdriver’s Profile before hand and there wasn’t a Red Subscriber banner over the photo at the time??

Strange 😬

I first subscribed in October 2019 and renewed October 2020 . I feel guilty as I don’t think I thanked @Re-Buggedfor the donation in March. Where do we go from here. I haven’t gifted even though I have paid? I had hoped to gift to @Grumpy pants for his advice etc over the years. 

Give me a bit of time to sort it out. I'll give you both your options to give a free subscription away back.

Chris

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

Hi BusDriver, I think the issue is that you are on a 'gifted' solution yourself from March last year? Subscribers that are given free subscriptions then cannot give free subscriptions  to other members for obvious reasons ;)

Morning both!

No problem, I'm happy to resubscribed toTC is well worth the money and I get a lot of enjoyment out of the forum.

My showroom subscription lapsed as I sold so much off and then bought very little, but I'll rejoin next week and put back into the pot quite happily.

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Busdriver said:

I feel guilty as I don’t think I thanked @Re-Buggedfor the donation in March.  

All good mate 👍🏻, I just remember you where having a bit of a rough time with either health or a horrible Taxi driver around then. 

• Like 1

May I ask what is the benefit of a "full member"? I am manly using the forum and browsing through showrooms sometimes... :huh:

Thanks Chris, you listed this point twice .

access to the higher resolution manual scans, useful if you need them as a printed reference

Is the gift option still available? I paid my renewal but I'm not seeing the option to gift one to anyone.

Thanks! :)

If you are a logged in subscriber you should see the option when you view anyone else's profile page (unless you've done it in the past already)

Chris

39 minutes ago, netsmithUK said:

If you are a logged in subscriber you should see the option when you view anyone else's profile page (unless you've done it in the past already)

Chris

Ah, so can you only do it once ever, or once per year? I gifted one last year, but not since this renewal (this morning)

Its a one time thing I'm afraid, otherwise it obviously means double the amount of uploaders (and tcphoto users) for no extra income, which is just not viable on an ongoing basis I'm afraid. I am looking at if there is a way to allow some other sort of discounted offer.

regards

Chris

ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying it.

Oh and thank for all the great work you've done all these years, it's very much appreciated :) 👏