montogeek

Part 50554 aluminium replacements

Hi!

I just broke the my servo clamp that comes with the 50554 parts (https://www.tamiya.de/en/accessories/tamiya-accessories/rc-spare-option-parts/spare-option-parts/ta0102ff01-c-parts-rear-upright-310005377/), its number is C3, it looks like a C, I hit a wall too fast and it broke.

Is there an aluminium alternative or at least something stronger?

Or maybe there is servos that come with the part itself?

It is for a Porsche Cayenne https://tamico.de/Tamiya-Porsche-Cayenne-S-Transsyberia-Bausatz-58406,  number 58406.

Thanks in advance!

That is the Servo Saver, and designed to flex/break on impact to protect the servo. Some people direct fit the hirn without a saver for more precise handling. However, as you strengthen and reinforce parts, the weakest link is the next in line, so it may be that next time, the servo itself breaks. or the steering parts on the kit.

Servo saver kits are pretty common, and universal (if i am correct) and can be ordered from various store in the Servo pack. Check Frog/Hotshot etc.

I may be corrected though

Oh, so that's its name, thanks!

I actually can't handle the car now, if I steer right then left, it stays left, after checking the servo itself it seems that the ring that is connected to the servo is not rotating with it, it stays in place while the servo rotates :/ Maybe it broke too, but for that I need to unmount the entire servo.

7 hours ago, montogeek said:

Oh, so that's its name, thanks!

I actually can't handle the car now, if I steer right then left, it stays left, after checking the servo itself it seems that the ring that is connected to the servo is not rotating with it, it stays in place while the servo rotates :/ Maybe it broke too, but for that I need to unmount the entire servo.

Part 51000 is the high torque servo saver which works well, I've got it on a couple of my cars.

https://www.rcmart.com/TAMIYA-SERVO-SAVER-HIGH-TORQUE-TYPE-BLACK-51000_00014487

I've also used these aluminium arms too which work with the kit servo savers.  The Monster Beetle broke a couple, so this has fixed it.

https://www.rcmart.com/gpm-racing-gpm-aluminum-3mm-thread-servo-saver-blue-for-tamiya-dt03-cc01-m1025-hummer-wild-willy-2-tt02b-dt3023-3mm-b-00062937

The other option is to buy a decent servo and not run a saver, just an alloy arm.  My race cars have this set up with Savox or Futaba servos and they have been going fine for a few years now, but I wouldn't expect a basic servo to last long without a servo saver.

• Like 1

Yes. It is compatible with the vast majority of Tamiyas, and other manufacturers' models too.

• Like 2

@TurnipJF Thanks a lot, ordering right now!

I wanted to go with the alloy arm, but have no experience with them, not sure which one to buy that fits with the servo or the other parts.

I think 51000 would be good enough for now.

• Like 1

It is a good part. I use it on a lot of my cars, most of which aren't listed on the packaging. Let us know how you get on!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, montogeek said:

@Jonathon Gillham Thanks a lot for answering!

Are these parts compatible with this servo https://tamico.de/Amewi-Digital-Servo-5508MG-82kg-schwarz ?

I am inclined for a decent servo and an alloy arm (just learned they exists).

The info in that link doesn't say how many splines the shaft is, most are 25T (Futaba) or 23T (Sanwa) but sometimes you get a 24T servo (Hitec, I think). The servo saver comes with 23T and 25T so will work on the vast majority of servos.

And yes, I have it on my Top Force and it came with the TA07 and I have ordered one for my Super Astute too. I would be surprised if there is a car they don't work on. It would just be clearance from stuff around it, it will always fit the servo if that makes sense.

As for alloy arms, they one I linked to fits on a srandard Tamiya servo saver, so you still use the rest of the parts. Others are just a fixed alloy arm. Often Tamiya's need to use the servo saver and that style alloy arm as both steering arms connect directly to it. On my race kits its just a single arm like below, as there is a bell crank steering set up.

https://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-aluminum-direct-servo-horn-for-futaba-42248-00036354

Hi! I finally go around the replacement last week, this is how I installed it:

ma_1OR5nahbY-CnMCL7cUV2uwX_GNbG6P7nGojnNKywuLIq8BM3MVYr9ON1kaN26AZKUUHHTE0eDCHfmVwblHl6HogsXSQHRmqxFKYcgRxd776wgvr6B6ZBzvEm9b6ekEdLQ2Xn9AwjZ1Sw16U4wJ_R7iHKorI2FtDXEkgSfA9nY2s-wQbvWUZBWq2xp1nYcLnhUkNG14atZZej1bMDdSRTgU0DP0GBDGHYwde8YbeTsGE5WSLYWdImC3ZDU5_Ha4MIGBpRtO-YypzjrP14qFGGYWBvJGwlZ1t5pHoYb_8sKU_ZCMRym7wGmKgcXO-YdEHdqOUoRXqtvZr-mZCYBP2yhsaS7nj2V2eSvPJYQ6vrkG0snANorxzaPo_I4K_R2NRbAy1sKyG0bAAsr_Cgxnq1koV2JLdqcqCFJTKvU8fcpGVe9dDoVK9N690f_Wa5FkaClNGBZ1XVQ5mu_eA4Tx5mzT_waCh0QCPNE-pLyV_ileBpieeWz94b3Kn5HgQZY3XMK99Nx8ZQ_QgRbxy8KnPJmVFjhO_ei77CFra6ryg5TJRcKKrFS0Clk3-XQpAFXCwpTzjvdTHQ_m-FQHnLhGt-pg15lHQax-0PfZM1ZO_kQ0cMrh4t70LGEyknlm0vgt6b7fEA_-eGypvHUaiAScpUU-QCXJZOC1vmn7ao4Ocuo6kk7Lf7_YarS60SGIw=w1820-h1365-no?authuser=0

9atFsn5ZkKTbE_ekeaoPpo-wIQ_GDoh0Oez_zRaAYLgkORAXMNiBPnsQUi2qzPggijc2iPR_XULSHpcY23BCaFFYOVBMCQLA6KLyp7hEtMhowoyCYGxPsGfR3fC1nduZider6SIkjNCFCxqcJ1sIQ72PpNtJoWu7LRC-Syi5rcJuBX9O7Jnmt_QJ-i2YnFkeAo79VqscbbFp7Z-jPDmpUQ1agNSH9rML1uOqEUAJPLvazA3ddH4uEUJuU1J-UYw4c99ClBW9cGEOcJIZl5jdPC89d0XGPD-aEuhhjF9VPs_mLfVFpWXutRQ4tgD61uKWAJazXHx0BQWSYXG_KTNJcN3A0STuH6QpB2ZvR6xcm_hH7v0CMmeOrUQ7JS4CwaS67JVdt9LAeJaa-aAn5pLIjvinUTGzM6qc6BRyBJq1fqZ9rwdMnBYnTIgRzbqT-1lP21N8GebGrqpDbQtb4uaUWwU31SdpEgnlGOk8vTb1Nsd1pEtHCR-EhQlzzkfCwxE8FLM3OfJtbKP1k7WrJLYQTdYrHKWAXhBJfLo3X5Olt7NHrLfpLdqLBKNomRxkyaN028cohxGXKycz5R1JbrMcMPXG-SA53ISQGZAz6qFQnwLmhvqHytAESk75ZTwdkjDGBpwzPDXmfFQR1uYyxySIPCIg9BXk07CS2fvUuqDnoN59PBGzzdsI3GT1ldh71g=w1024-h1365-no?authuser=0

Yx9P57cQluvHW9NOLIsnA2tj9LweNkVgrXMbOXLlwCv355M6dzYVu1RZIZfhraHgnKfA7kH9OzzZZ-SFGWhVXBYc41_glzzI6GBgzPNVwfL4pyLYxR2YWv3npHDLohez__tem55J43Tag2hGnRthp2rnjdprXtRSztsEtTjyU0zY8JYeqv9RnvN298BE46D9CQ-fHc54rjWbmYP0wpjteTr8rUiuSPUapHNfUXnyT1KhwGZ135RsokS5TzI59_y3KI51F8nrCXJ__x3jWvfUGq4A7YBtSAne3R7_kbTDJSl2ujzYH68EsfgtjUEUOoLcdpFYj8M77qZrh5dFN2iwuIbwlNeztpq9zcK1NclEx0iyhQG0IpYO7iRGKRPPDYfX0_b4JTYzF_olHlG1FaRfj_VEmtA0UCPSSbK_gUKn0CI4aBHKee21aWScnYNvHli2QP4J-DCwtvsJXI68pu9GHdhfK786rxAQtXvQlMw1cCTPTxxwxijfYaPHIv3SLyAZgB69Qtx3TS-wxz6EEzeG31oXtwzuoDo3rrqMp40yQvHuGwZ61zaJR5UiZ0DNUGCBxxLWyOTfvCslFHlMAE0HM2AcLqYZxpObbzFOgdsE9ZMJW4nRaJKD2nHa1-gG9B8AQy_XiaM7R-kEzroGh5VRmrZfDqjK1OR7APtLNCfbrMvoNZOrYmh_5w1S-Wxmlw=w1820-h1365-no?authuser=0

Unfortunately after 15 mins more or less the screw that is attach just falls out, I already tried tightened it but still the issue happens the next time.

I guess what is happening is that the servo arm movement slowly unscrew it.

How else can I install it so it doesn't fall over?

Thanks!

Slightly thicker screw, 3mm!? 

A lot of savers are held in with a 2.6mm tapping screw. 

I can't see your photos so I was guessing that you used a 51000 set!? 

If it is then a screw through the middle. 

If it's a aluminium arm then same applies provided it's a tamiya direct servo arm. 

I see now👍 thin lock nut or thread lock or a machine thread screw and a ball nut.