Sign in to follow this  
Claypole

Charger Issue

I was charging my 3500mAh NiMh pack on my SkyRc e680, and got the message 'Connect error, check main port'. 

The Tamiya connectors didn't seem to be particularly snug, so I decided to upgrade to an XT60 connector one the batteries.I thought it had fixed the issue, but no, it still comes back after charging for a few minutes. (This was using the other lead supplied with the charger) It also errors when trying to discharge too.

Tomorrow I will put  an XT60 on the other battery and try it, but I do get the impression the charger is defective. It's only a couple of months old, so I'm sure Modlesport will sort me out.

Any suggestions before I give up on it, please? 

Could be a dry joint within the charger itself? Repeated plugging and unplugging of the charger leads may have caused a loose connection between the port and the PCB. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Could be a dry joint within the charger itself? Repeated plugging and unplugging of the charger leads may have caused a loose connection between the port and the PCB. 

A dry joint in the charger sounds quite plausible, but the leads hadn't been unplugged since I got it. I'm tempted to take the cover off and have a look, although sending it back is probably the sensible option.