SandScorcher Jenny

Sand Scorcher Re issue Build

If you’re going Box Art, how about a nice set of aluminum wheel covers available of eBay. They are a straight swap for the plastic outer ones. They would go well with the blue you’ve chosen 😉

image.jpg

I fitted some of the solid type on Scorcher wheels on a Wild One.

94BA27BD-B50D-4B53-B732-264A5347655F.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've noticed that you have a Reflex Pro Stick 3.1 as transmitter/receiver.

I had a Pro Stick 3, than two sets of those 3.1 the second of which I'm still using, and I wanted to give you a heads up in case you are not familiar with the product yet: the electronic components are fine and work well, but the plastic is embarrassingly cheap, to a degree that is almost mind-boggling. You need to always have a feathered touch with it, never drop it or anything like that or you'll sorta "sprain" the stick spring return, making it hard to stay in neautral position no matter the trimming. Tre trims btw are also badly designed, as they're almost as easy to shift as the sticks themselves but that's something you eventually get used to.

That really is a bummer I find, as otherwise the system works fine. The compact receiver even looks and feels OK, which again makes me wonder why did they have to make the transmitter so poorly assembled with such horrible quality plastic. At first sight it might almost feel fine... but trust me if you ever get to take it apart because it fell -like I did- then you realise how unnecessarily delicate and cheap they made it.

That being said, I'm probably gonna buy a third set myself! As three out of my four runners use Carson electronics, that means I can drive them all with the same transmitter and have a spare one at the same time, that's the only reason why I stick to Carson (no pun intended).

At the end of the day, even though I wouldn't recommend it to anybody, it performs well enough as long as you treat it like an old crystal chandelier! So yeah just be careful.

The 1:1 Sand Scorcher looks rad!!!

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2020 at 4:29 PM, Ferruz said:

I've noticed that you have a Reflex Pro Stick 3.1 as transmitter/receiver.

I had a Pro Stick 3, than two sets of those 3.1 the second of which I'm still using, and I wanted to give you a heads up in case you are not familiar with the product yet: the electronic components are fine and work well, but the plastic is embarrassingly cheap, to a degree that is almost mind-boggling. You need to always have a feathered touch with it, never drop it or anything like that or you'll sorta "sprain" the stick spring return, making it hard to stay in neautral position no matter the trimming. Tre trims btw are also badly designed, as they're almost as easy to shift as the sticks themselves but that's something you eventually get used to.

That really is a bummer I find, as otherwise the system works fine. The compact receiver even looks and feels OK, which again makes me wonder why did they have to make the transmitter so poorly assembled with such horrible quality plastic. At first sight it might almost feel fine... but trust me if you ever get to take it apart because it fell -like I did- then you realise how unnecessarily delicate and cheap they made it.

That being said, I'm probably gonna buy a third set myself! As three out of my four runners use Carson electronics, that means I can drive them all with the same transmitter and have a spare one at the same time, that's the only reason why I stick to Carson (no pun intended).

At the end of the day, even though I wouldn't recommend it to anybody, it performs well enough as long as you treat it like an old crystal chandelier! So yeah just be careful.

The 1:1 Sand Scorcher looks rad!!!

Thanks for the heads up ;) 

On 4/4/2020 at 10:47 PM, Re-Bugged said:

If you’re going Box Art, how about a nice set of aluminum wheel covers available of eBay. They are a straight swap for the plastic outer ones. They would go well with the blue you’ve chosen 😉

image.jpg

I fitted some of the solid type on Scorcher wheels on a Wild One.

94BA27BD-B50D-4B53-B732-264A5347655F.jpg

Will have a look for them thanks ;)