Frog Jumper

Tamiya BarbieFoot

https://imgur.com/gallery/LnhRvxi

I hope that linky works...

My first Corona Vacation project is 99% complete.

BEHOLD THE BARBIEFOOT!!!

Last year, my daughter came home from Target with a new Barbie Jeep. When I first saw it, I laughed about it having the same wheelbase as the Bushy D...  

She was not happy and ran off to hide it in her room.  But recently she started playing with it again and that got the gears turning...

As it turns out, the Barbie Passport Jeep and the Safari Jeep are almost perfect fits for a Blackfoot, with only light modifications.

The main goal of this body project was to fit the new one without any mods to the Bushy D.  I ended up making one slight mod and that was adding rear side mounts similar to the Monster Beetle rear mounts.  Nothing major - I just replaced a screw that mounted the rear crossbar with a typical Frog mount on each side.  Easy!

My Bushy D has a CRP cage, so I had to remove the bottom plate completely and build a new one with sheet aluminum and rubberized kitchen shelf paper.  I made a template out of cardboard first, the transferred it to some old sheet aluminum I had in the shed.  Flat black spray underneath.  I covered the back plate with the rubber to give it a rain cover effect.  I tried gorilla glue first but it was messy and didn’t hold as well as I hoped.  So I had to mount it all with tiny self tapping screws.

Barbie is not actually a Barbie brand doll but a “Poison Ivy” 12” doll that was in the goodwill pile.  I guess my daughter wasn’t into superheroes - her loss is my gain!  Much better anyways since Poison Ivy has articulating elbows and wrists.  It’s going to a pain the remove her to change her clothes (which I want to do) since she has a screw in her back to hold her on the seat.  I also had to chop her off at the knees to get it all to fit.  Sacrifices...

When I first started this project, I applied the first rule of the Dept of Defense:  why buy one when you can buy two?  I ended up buying 2 different Barbie Jeeps and have done some parts swapping.  The blue body comes from a Passport while the purple seats and top come from a Safari.  I kept the Safari pink body and Passport white top for the second part of my BarbieFoot project.

I realized that the bottom plate I had to remove bc of the CRP cage in my Bushy D didn’t have to be remove for your typical Blackfoot.  As such, I removed the CRP cage from Bushy D for the second part of this project and did the required surgery with a standard BF in mind.  

As it turns out, all it need was some very minor surgery to remove the front “axle” area to make room for the front shock tower, and a slot cut out for rear body mounts.  I had to do some extra trimming in mine bc of the Bushy D rear shock tower, but I am confident that it will require less surgery to fit a standard BF.  

At this point, I need to get a third ORV to mount the second part body on.  The nice thing about this second part is that my daughter will be able to take her Barbies in and out as if it were a normal Barbie Jeep.  Only hers will be RC and could stomp Ken’s lame Jeep all day!

I will share what I learned.  Just hit me up!  I meant to take pix along the way but I forgot...

Terry

• Like 5

Love it. Mr T are you watching. Barbie, Ken and Mr T  a marriage made in heaven:wub:

https://imgur.com/a/tJkkOV0[/img]

BarbieFoot 2 aka KenFoot in prelim stages. Chassis is complete. Needs some tweaking. Body needs some tweaking. Beers...

Terry

eta dang photo don’t work from my phone!!!!

hows about a pink Madbull with dolls head

2019-10-12_07-06-32

and the good lady dries an ambulance for St Johns so her WT-01 is in the middle of the family fleet pic (have since changed the other 3 cars to Traxxas Stampedes.

all out Feb 25th

• Like 2

https://imgur.com/gallery/CvMhHKJ

BarbieFoot II is 99% complete!  Just some shocks and steering tweaks and we are golden!

My daughter has decided her LOL dolls are going to drive this one. That’s good bc despite my best efforts, I could not make this so a typical Barbie could fit. The legs are too long and the front shock plate gets in the way. If I build a BarbieFoot III, I’ll try smaller Frog front shock mounts.

My daughter is also a Lefty.  It took  2 months for the Rx to arrive for a Arrma ATX300 I found on EBay.  That really sucked.

As for the bling, too many to list...  I did make some trays out of sheet aluminum for the Rx and ESC.

Next payday, I’ll likely invest in some monster tires to replace these street tires.