bluebird27

Help Please! Midnight Pumpkin steering issue

Hi

I have just finished building my first Tamiya and it has been a terrific experience. 

However, I have hit a small problem on its first run out. The steering responds when I hold the car but it won’t respond on the drive. Can’t work out what the issue is. 

Any help gratefully received. Cheers. 

Welcome to the forum!

When the car is on the ground and you operate the steering, can you hear the servo move?

Ah. That would be a servo saver issue then. Check that the C-shaped plastic servo saver spring (P4) is in place and intact. Without it, the servo can't transmit any significant power to the steering, so it works in midair, but can't overcome the friction of being in contact with the ground.

• Like 1

If that isn't it, you could also check that you have fitted the correct servo saver input disc (P5 or P6) to match the splines on your servo.

• Like 1

Could it also be the servo not strong enough to move the wheels? Or wrong spline adapter, slipping when underload?

Okay. Just been looking into this and the steering arm on the right hand side appears to be catching on the front arm. How can this be adjusted? 

Are the ball connectors BB7 inserted into the servo saver the right way ? , if not they can snag up . Make sure that P1 is fitted to hold the 3 saver pieces onto the servo with the screw or it can slip foreward and off of the servo splines

3 hours ago, bluebird27 said:

Okay. Just been looking into this and the steering arm on the right hand side appears to be catching on the front arm. How can this be adjusted? 

Not quite sure what you mean. Any chance of a photo or video to illustrate the issue?

3 hours ago, bluebird27 said:

Could it be that the servo saver wasn’t pushed on and screwed on enough?

Could be - that would explain the issue. 

Thanks for all the input. It would appear that the problem was indeed that the servo saver etc wasn’t attached sufficiently and once tightened it is now flying about the garden as it should be. 

• Like 2