Finny99

Frog Tear down - restoration

Nice .... well I kept messing around and got both servos to go ... giddy up ... 2 frogs in one week  or a frog and a Subaru brat hybrid ..like I'm in heaven ...  Shelfie in progress and a runner that my kids can take for  a boot this week ..and smash up 

5AFBCBE7-83DF-4684-8118-37AD0273A914.jpeg

• Like 3

On 3/23/2020 at 11:22 AM, Frog Jumper said:

The ReRe Frog Body kit is identical to the original except it doesn’t have the battery switch cutout in the rear window.

I also think they new body is more brittle, but that may be subjective...

Terry

But then she's little less vintage .. gotta give it a shot .. if I pooch the body and have to get re re then so be it .. if I can repaint old body .. the only thing non vintage on  it will be 1 antenna and back tires .. and decals ... those are on the way .. re released vintage ones ... 

4 hours ago, Toolmaker72 said:

That motor is a nice little project in itself.  😊

Yea I'd have to google on that ... hear you need a brush release tool or something .. I was gonna take apart but decided to leave it till I do some more research .. or just sell it on the bay .. 

30 minutes ago, Finny99 said:

Yea I'd have to google on that ... hear you need a brush release tool or something .. I was gonna take apart but decided to leave it till I do some more research .. or just sell it on the bay .. 

yes best not to remove TechniGod/Power/Tuned endbell until you've got the tools or it'll be hard putting it back together without wrecking the brushes/comm.

Technigold.jpg

Technituned is pretty soft, don't expect too much... even when brandnew barely as grunty as a SportTuned IMHO :) probably originally intended for 1/12 pan cars like the Porsche 956 Racing Master mk6. 

BiTD Comms were sold as sparepart bubblepacked on cardstrip. Technipower Comms a lot rarer to be found these days than Technituned Comms. 

So yea forget the paint stripping , it's like pulling teeth .. gonna order new body ... rear tires coming , and old Futaba receiver .. just need some older Futaba servos now got my retro decals ... 

AF828632-6021-41D6-9C33-A30CB8F5A424.jpeg

Body and Wing reamed .. wing trimmed .. 

Still waiting on rear tires .. mail is slow 

A63BE690-4648-4379-A8F1-180B9D9B61B0.jpeg

Grasshopper rubber tires removed ...

frog tires arrived 

now to put tires from re re that's been driven a bit to not look as brand new .. 

Use vintage rims 

put new ones on re release frog .. 

So far only thing re re is back rubber .. body and decals ..and one antenna 

33B6C281-B991-452A-B212-ECA49AF9A12B.jpeg

• Like 1

Slipped with knife right near the end ..ughhh  

Really bugs me for putting this on shelf 

hoping the Jackman Wheels decal hides it a bit . I have another body but the body that comes with re release frog is better 

3B099CB3-FFF5-4669-AE66-36FB52F2D6B7.jpeg

Almost done ... few more MCI decals .... and it's vintage hornet and grasshopper time ..., Fox too 

B0BD71E7-9E1A-4517-BBCB-C914DF4030E7.jpeg

• Like 2