Finny99

Frog Tear down - restoration

Nice .... well I kept messing around and got both servos to go ... giddy up ... 2 frogs in one week  or a frog and a Subaru brat hybrid ..like I'm in heaven ...  Shelfie in progress and a runner that my kids can take for  a boot this week ..and smash up 

5AFBCBE7-83DF-4684-8118-37AD0273A914.jpeg

• Like 3

On 3/23/2020 at 11:22 AM, Frog Jumper said:

The ReRe Frog Body kit is identical to the original except it doesn’t have the battery switch cutout in the rear window.

I also think they new body is more brittle, but that may be subjective...

Terry

But then she's little less vintage .. gotta give it a shot .. if I pooch the body and have to get re re then so be it .. if I can repaint old body .. the only thing non vintage on  it will be 1 antenna and back tires .. and decals ... those are on the way .. re released vintage ones ... 

4 hours ago, Toolmaker72 said:

That motor is a nice little project in itself.  😊

Yea I'd have to google on that ... hear you need a brush release tool or something .. I was gonna take apart but decided to leave it till I do some more research .. or just sell it on the bay .. 

30 minutes ago, Finny99 said:

Yea I'd have to google on that ... hear you need a brush release tool or something .. I was gonna take apart but decided to leave it till I do some more research .. or just sell it on the bay .. 

yes best not to remove TechniGod/Power/Tuned endbell until you've got the tools or it'll be hard putting it back together without wrecking the brushes/comm.

Technigold.jpg

Technituned is pretty soft, don't expect too much... even when brandnew barely as grunty as a SportTuned IMHO :) probably originally intended for 1/12 pan cars like the Porsche 956 Racing Master mk6. 

BiTD Comms were sold as sparepart bubblepacked on cardstrip. Technipower Comms a lot rarer to be found these days than Technituned Comms. 

17 hours ago, OldSchoolRunner said:

Some nice work there!

OSR

Cheers 

So yea forget the paint stripping , it's like pulling teeth .. gonna order new body ... rear tires coming , and old Futaba receiver .. just need some older Futaba servos now got my retro decals ... 

AF828632-6021-41D6-9C33-A30CB8F5A424.jpeg