isomer1

Bear Hawks make me sad

Every time I see a bear hawk photo I just get bummed out. I think they're gorgeous, and I like the falcon chassis underneath. But aside from the occasional $400+ kit from Japan I haven't been able to find one. Are there other buggy bodies that come close to that shape that would fit? The blitzer is cool, I just want something closer to the bear hawk design.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

You can fit a falcon body, as you would expect but it needs a fair amount of trimming. 

eBay and patience, I have picked up two bearhawks last year, one for 60 with a box & transmitter and a real junker for 40. The average price seems to be sub 150 for restored ones. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, isomer1 said:

Every time I see a bear hawk photo I just get bummed out. I think they're gorgeous, and I like the falcon chassis underneath. But aside from the occasional $400+ kit from Japan I haven't been able to find one. Are there other buggy bodies that come close to that shape that would fit? The blitzer is cool, I just want something closer to the bear hawk design.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

It's not a falcon chassis, only the tub is similar. Falcon is same family but a lot was changed.

Bearhawks pop up every now and then for reasonable prices, as mentioned patience is your friend.

• Like 1

You could try to find a mad fighter body and modify.

If that gets rere'd, I'm having one. 

If only....come on T.

Post apocalyptic rere, Bear Hawk 2037.

48 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

I picked this up last year for £90

6oygcKm.jpg

with a brushless combo fitted 

JJ

Looks like you're running stock steering arms but is it true the dt02 turnbuckle set will work?

3 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

Tbh I bought it and hung it on the wall and didn't do anything with it 

JJ

Oh okay thanks. I found some very old threads mentioning it would work but that's for the original. I have the rere and it was after those threads were started. 

The bearhawk was never re-released.  The blitzers (beetle, stadium & stadium thunder) have been and are identical, so if it worked on the originals it will work now. 

I feel your pain. :(

Been after one myself for a long time...