Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon Gillham

Do magnets cause interference?

I am trying to work out a way to attach the hatches to my Racing Sparrow and have some little magnets.  Then it occurred to me that magnets may interfere with the electronics.

Its running a FlySky FS-i6 transmitter (obviously 2.4GHz) and I got the FS-iA6B rx which apparently has twice the range of other compatible rx's.  This combo was recommended on some other forums (is that cheating on TamiyaClub?!)

Servo is Savox 0230MG for the sail and Futaba S3003 for the rudder, if the servos matter.  Just running off 4 AA batteries.

Will I run into any problems using magnets?  Is it a case of if they're X cm away then they're fine but get them too close to the rx and they will cause problems?  Anyone know?

I always like to avoid flysky, frustrates me for no reason.

never had any problems on my sanwa regarding servos or magnets. While flysky sometimes feels like toygrade

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I always like to avoid flysky, frustrates me for no reason.

never had any problems on my sanwa regarding servos or magnets. While flysky sometimes feels like toygrade

I know what you mean, I really wanted the Futaba 6K but it was 4 times the price of the Flysky and by all accounts the Flysky works well for yachts. In my experience they work well enough but I agree, they feel cheap.

Good to know that magnets don't cause problems, will go ahead

When I was looking for a budget TX/RX combo last year, I did some research and watched some comparison videos between Flysky and Radiolink. I bought the Radiolink RC4GS and I have no regrets. I'm using it with two of my kits. Works great with no problems at all.