AshRC

Buying / selling on lockdown

I've been slowly building my dark impact a small bit every weekend I'm trying to make it last (which probably means for the first time I have an rc that's going to be built properly:lol:) simply because I was waiting for the terra scorcher to appear because there is nothing else l really have the desire to build but who knows when that will arrive? 

• Like 2

I promised myself not to buy new rc cars this year, I broke it because of the corona virus, sitting at home with no rc builds or projects and getting bored and grumpy, my wife get angry and told me to buy rc cars and parts:D.

So I bought a porsche 911 TA03RS and some hopups for it, and  some  parts to build a wr-02 suzuki jimny, and paint and servo,s and a esc, so now I have something to do:).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/25/2020 at 7:43 PM, AshRC said:

Will the prices be at rock bottom though? I think more people will be idly flicking through eBay. 

Bear in mind most kits come from the far east, and with many countries closing their borders or restricting what is coming in, new kits may well be scarce once the in country model shops run short of stock.....

5 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Bear in mind most kits come from the far east, and with many countries closing their borders or restricting what is coming in, new kits may well be scarce once the in country model shops run short of stock.....

you Brits probably took most of the forex hit after Brexit, whereas downunder AUD dumped this month from 69c to 52c now ~60c.

a week in I'm already getting revised price lists from import/distributors... geez everything's going UP big time 

ignoring the reality that there's an extra million or three joining the unemployment queue... yeah won't be much discretionary dollar left.

China has restarted production... but now discovering there's no demand to buy their goods. 

• Like 1