Out of boredom, I started tinkering with my GF01 and tried to tidy it up. In the process, however, I think I stripped the plastic hole of the servo head/output shaft and the screw no longer tightens. Silly me, I tried to force the screw down and used a larger screw at the expense of crushing the plastic servo horn. 

What is the best fix for this? What specific servo horn do I need? Can I use  the Tamiya 51000 Hi Torque Servo as an upgrade? Can I still salvage my current servo or do I need to change that as well? 

Vaguely remember if you change to TRF hi-torque servosaver you also need longer alloy arm with central hole like for M05/06... dunno been a long time since I wrenched on my GF01. 

You'll probably want a stronger servo to drive hi-torque servosaver, something with metal gears best. 

I use machinethread screws not selftapper to hold servohorns on. M3 size easy to swap, M2.6 less so - check which one yours needs.

Do you have a specific part number for the plastic servo horn I need, or any servo horn that came with a tamiya kit will do? 

1 hour ago, burakol said:

Do you have a specific part number for the plastic servo horn I need, or any servo horn that came with a tamiya kit will do? 

You broke it? Check your manual rear if you want identical replacement part.

But that particular fitment doesn't need to be exact identical afaik, just needs to fit intended geometry. Aftermarket is fine if it fits, Kimborough makes good servosavers. 3Racing also make servosavers that look/work pretty close to TRF hi-torque unit...

Sounds like you stripped the servo, not the servo saver. If that's the case you will need to replace the servo. If you take off the saver are the teeth on the servo ok?

Servos are cheap these days. Or cheaper fix is to drill it out & use a wider screw. 

I try to use servos with a metal output shaft for this very reason. Too many times I've had horns come loose and pull the threads out of an otherwise good servo. It is very annoying. 🙄

Metal gear servos usually have metal output shafts but not always. I now use the Alturn hi torque servo. For most applications it is ideal. About £17.

They also do high speed and ultra high torque variants.

The Tamiya 51000 is my go to servo saver.

The factory servo saver is fine. Either buy replacement parts for the servo or as above, get a metal geared servo, where the spline is metal.

FAxgs2Q.jpg

The servo horn i used actually cracked and broke into pieces when I was in the process of trying to push the tap iij ng scre down too hard hoping that it will bite whatever plastic was remaining. I found another servo horn from my Tt02 that fit the servo spline... I then used a longer and bigger tapping screw and it worked for now... I am in the process of getting a metal servo... 

I also notice that one of my king pin that's on my c knuckle is not getting a good bite of the plastic part. I cannot tighten it and it just keeps turning. I am concerned that one nasty impact on bye bye... any idea on how I can resolve it?