Sign in to follow this  
salvine

Wider track for F103 front end

Trying to widen the track of an F103LM. Just cosmetic reasons to fit the Cross Racing Mercedes CLR body I have. Need to get about 10mm wider if possible. Can't change wheels. Need wider A arms or different spindles. Options?

IMG_4520.JPG

• Like 2

You could find somebody to manufacture new longer shafts for jazrider uprights.

b_TA-50395-LB.jpg

or swap to F103GT front end and seek for longer shafts or make them. Or other hexes?

28319.jpg

my f103lm can not accept front wheels with hexes only the regular f1 wheels.

Thanks. Unless I find something else I'll have to make longer axles. The wheels I am using are F1 style without hexes like the GT version.

I think that fits nicely as it is👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, svenb said:

I think that fits nicely as it is👍

There is a gap on the other side

Bear in mind the scrub radius will increase if you just fit wider axles. This might make the outer part of the wheel catch on the body.

Lunchbox axles would fit the front end and allow you to space the wheels out a fair way, but might be too wide? If they are, and if you have the equipment to do so, you could press them through the plastic parts until the axle is as long as you need it, then re-drill the kingpin hole?

17 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Bear in mind the scrub radius will increase if you just fit wider axles. This might make the outer part of the wheel catch on the body.

No plans to drive it..The CLR kept flipping over...

8 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Lunchbox axles would fit the front end and allow you to space the wheels out a fair way, but might be too wide? If they are, and if you have the equipment to do so, you could press them through the plastic parts until the axle is as long as you need it, then re-drill the kingpin hole?

Those may just work. Worth a shot. Less that 10 bucks with shipping.

Lunchbox axles did the trick. Had to trim them by 5mm or so and drill new holes for the kingpins.

Still working on some sticker options since they did not come with the body. Pretty simple. Just basic sponsor stuff. FYI the wheels are from the Speed Passion LM car. Had to enlarge the wheel arches a bit but looks much better than the Tamiya sized wheels for this chassis

IMG_4529.JPG

IMG_4531.JPG

• Like 5