Busdriver

tonight 8pm

I would urge all of you in the UK and anywhere else in the world if you like to pause posting, surfing, whatever its called to take a few moments to clap the NHS workers here in the UK and to health workers throughout this ravaged world to show our support for them.

• Like 2

I heard all the cheering and would have joined in if it weren't for my stupid self gouging a big chunk of my thumb open and spraying blood everywhere! :lol: That TL01B project just bit back.

I'm OK now, my wife has put a Mr Tumble plaster on me and told me to stop playing with my toy cars and come to bed! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

It was awesome. The whole street out clapping , cheering and banging. Emotional and proud. 

• Like 3

Ah, so that was what all the noise was about! I was wondering why so many people were out in the street. I thought it may have been a sports-related announcement of some sort.

An excellent sentiment, just a pity so many people used it as an excuse to flaunt social distancing rules, making it somewhat counterproductive...

The four and a half of us were out, as was the rest of our street, which was brilliant to see. 

I have been avoiding social media to help with rampant anxiety, so I knew nothing about this.  At 8pm I was arguing with my FireTV stick over getting at least one of Prime Video, Disney+, iPlayer or Netflix to work.  My wife was outside in the glorified paddling pool at the time, she didn't mention anything so I assume not much happened around my way.

same here since that first storm we had last month my aerial cable broke and i dont have the cash to replace it so i dont have the use of the tv witch is good in a way.

and i wonder'd what the racket was out side while i was cooking the tea for my wife and the family as she was just finishing another 12 hour shift at her work.

they should do the same for every one else working still.

Me and the kids were on the front door step, BUT as we are out in the sticks I think I heard one other wooping as no one would hear clapping.

Still we were there, not so dramatic when its just the three of us..

23 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

stop playing with my toy cars and come to bed! 

Sounds like a nice alternative at the best of times