Sign in to follow this  
Finnsllc

top force build input welcome plus 4 other kits

have 5 kits here. dont want to make 5 seprate posts.hope that makes sense . so, top force kit, other than bearings should i be looking for any other upgrades that are really worth while?

sand Viper?

Super Shot?

M-05 Rally?

Neo Fighter?

2cv is just going to be fun, sand viper and neo fighter are going to be bashers for me and my 3 kids, super shot is for one of my sons and top force is going to be my all done up baby that nobody touches but me, however i will run it and enjoy it. no shelf stuff. 

other than bearings please feel free to have input on upgrades and things that your experiance can make my builds easier

• Like 1

I just finished cleaning and rebuilding my top force. Here are a few recommendations.

tamiya item 50529

yeah racing aluminum motor mount

yeah racing carbon shock towers (optional)

turnbuckles (any brand)

hi cap shocks 47358

df03 shocks 53926 ( if can’t get hi caps)

steel pinion 

I just built a Top Force and I did

Hi Caps - I think these are important as they look so good, and perform better

Alloy motor mount - I went Yeah Racing as it is cheap.  Apparently they are essential

Bearings - obviously

Alloy wheel hexes

Turnbuckles - I like the 3Racing titanium ones

Hi Torque servo saver

Gears - both the hi speed TA02 set and the standard one without the alloy idler gear, and lots of pinions

Also a Super Stock TZ and HW1060 as it should run brushed motors

I don't think that the chassis or shock towers are that bendy, but apparently they are.  I haven't run this a huge amount to find that is an issue, and they aren't like others which you can bend with your fingers.  Look at the Yeah Racing chassis kit though if you're thinking of a carbon chassis, not Tamiya but half the price.

I would also read some of the recent build threads. There were a couple of areas where some had issues with the instructions not being too clear and led to a problem further into the build (ie dont apply thread lock to the lower chassis plate screws until you have fitted the lower body shell at a later step in the manual)