junkmunki

Enough time to get the projects finished

As has been mentioned by others here, a lot of us are now stuck at home because of this virus crap, so it's a good opportunity to get some of the long term projects finished.

Now, I have a habit of buying another project before i have finished the one i am already working on, so the list gets pushed back and i end up with a queue of models waiting to be finished.

I have just had a bit of a stock take, and worked out that if i work flat out everyday for the next three weeks of this shutdown, i will probably get half of them finished. I currently have 36 unfinished projects!

Am i the only one here that has lost track of how many projects i have on the go?

J

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, junkmunki said:

I currently have 36 unfinished projects!

Is that all !!   ;)

My problem (I’m finding) is I still need to spend endless money as started on my kyosho scorpion I now need a servo. Then I realised I need an esc. Then motor or bearing set or...or... etc I’m about to buy 2 ESCs as I need one for the scorpion then I thought while I’m doing it I should buy one for my mountain rider which I plan to make. So then I think I should buy servoed for that too (ie planning ahead for when I make it).

so I’m getting a bit fed up spending money.

14 minutes ago, CoolHands said:

My problem (I’m finding) is I still need to spend endless money as started on my kyosho scorpion I now need a servo. Then I realised I need an esc. Then motor or bearing set or...or... etc I’m about to buy 2 ESCs as I need one for the scorpion then I thought while I’m doing it I should buy one for my mountain rider which I plan to make. So then I think I should buy servoed for that too (ie planning ahead for when I make it).

so I’m getting a bit fed up spending money.

That is the unfortunate side effect of our hobby, there is always something to be bought or another kit that catches your eye and makes your wallet tremble...

J

I usually make my budget smaller when looking for the next project if I’m still building another, but I do have the 1:1 scale project cars also.   Sometimes it’s hard to choose between new polybushes or another beat up Tamiya to bring back to immaculate.  Currently a monster beetle is being built in between stripping the front suspension and subframe on a 20 year old fiesta and gradual  re-building a 43 old Jaguar xj6 front and rear axle set 😳