KEV THE REV

fall out Wild One build

So , to keep me sane this week I started to build this vintage Wild One after spotting a vintage W/O chassis tub on eBay . I built some of the items prior to the tub arriving and work commenced once said tub arrived . All built from vintage parts . The roof is a modded alu one that I got from  Mokei Kagaku ( thanks mate ) and it will be sprayed black I think  . Just need a Wild One / Fox front tyre to complete the parts if anyone has one

P3270001.JPG

P3270002.JPG

• Like 9

Looks promising. I'm sorry I don't have a tire here to help your build, but it's always nice to see one of these cars.

I hope I can come across one of these someday. Keep up the good work, Kev!

• Thanks 1

Looks good so far. How about going FAV/ Rough Rider size tires and wheels

Thanks guys . I have a soft spot for Wild Ones . This is the 3rd one in my collection so far along with a vintage FAV . I've built many over the years  ;)

1 minute ago, Shodog said:

How about going FAV/ Rough Rider size tires and wheels

This was an option if I couldn't get hold of a W/O tyre as I have a full set of new vintage RR wheels and rear tyres but no front tyres and I do like the original JR lettering which the FAV tyre doesn't have   :(     I have to agree they do look good on a W/O

Vintage RR front tires are slightly larger in diameter to the ones they produced for the Rere.  

Another route is a set of aluminum Wild one wheels from the Asian eBay sellers.  They look just like the wild one fox wheels but in aluminum.

I’ve been fortunate enough to get a set of Tecnacraft wheels for mine. 

That's interesting,  I've never owned the re re tyres so not been able to compare them. I've got front wheels arriving soon , so it's just down to the front tyre or tyres.  

I’ve got some tyres, but Australia is a long way away from you I guess