Cooltoys

Fighting buggy 2020 build..

Time to build the next project with some different parts collected over the years..

20200328_151235.jpg

20200328_151242.jpg

• Like 2

Oh, this one will be good to see!

I have the brother of that blue body there, and still no inspiration to get through with it. I've to order the decals from our Canadian friends yet. Not sure mine will be blue. Anyway, I'll be checking your progress on this one. The Super Champ will always be one of my favorite RC buggies! ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Oh, this one will be good to see!

I have the brother of that blue body there, and still no inspiration to get through with it. I've to order the decals from our Canadian friends yet. Not sure mine will be blue. Anyway, I'll be checking your progress on this one. The Super Champ will always be one of my favorite RC buggies! ;)

I'm sure someday you will have the inspiration to build it. This one would probably be a different color haven't decided yet for now.🙂

Packaged screws are open... 

20200328_235139.jpg

20200328_235533.jpg

8 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

That vintage NIP chassis plate looks juicy. Love it!!

It sure is. I don't know if I have the heart to open it or not...😮😃😃

Yes. With the the exception of the chassis and obvious things like the body/tires/wheels, the Fighting Buggy (Super Champ) is mostly metal (suspension too).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saito2 said:

Yes. With the the exception of the chassis and obvious thongs like the body/tires/wheels, the Fighting Buggy (Super Champ) is mostly metal (suspension too).

Oh cool 🙂

The SRB chassis is what made tamiya the company it is now! back in the late 70's every motorsport company wanted to be associated with tamiya because of its reputation with miniature engineering and design! and adrian newey one of the best respected motorsport engineering legends started his early days at school building the tamiya kits (SRB'S) and modifying the gearboxes etc, that's how iconic this range is!

• Like 3

Wow, looks great! The Super Champ was my first RC anything back in 1983. I'd love a new one, but I'll just have to watch your build in the meantime. I love that solid aluminium ingot look the SC/FB has. My original never had a diff fitted, back then I didn't know why a diff is a good thing, so mine used to twitch the rear end through corners. A Super Champ with a diff must be some else entirely.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 11:37 PM, c64orinoco said:

Wow, looks great! The Super Champ was my first RC anything back in 1983. I'd love a new one, but I'll just have to watch your build in the meantime. I love that solid aluminium ingot look the SC/FB has. My original never had a diff fitted, back then I didn't know why a diff is a good thing, so mine used to twitch the rear end through corners. A Super Champ with a diff must be some else entirely.

Your lucky to get a super champ as a first RC I could only look at it at the hobby shop... Thinking when can I have one of those.. 

The first superchamp i got is a really wide version with no body.. I was so excited to finally get one of them. Found out the body was hard to find in good shape....

On 4/11/2020 at 9:32 PM, Cooltoys said:

The first superchamp i got is a really wide version with no body.

You got to share a picture of that one too. The "wide" mod is certainly one of the strangest things I've ever seen in RC.

5 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

You got to share a picture of that one too. The "wide" mod is certainly one of the strangest things I've ever seen in RC.

I'm with you!......we have to see it!

11 hours ago, moffman said:

I'm with you!......we have to see it!

It's incredible. A double wide buggy. Bet you've never seen such a thing.

C`mon Nellson. Share some pictures of the wide Super Champ with us when you can ;)

9 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

It's incredible. A double wide buggy. Bet you've never seen such a thing.

C`mon Nellson. Share some pictures of the wide Super Champ with us when you can ;)

Totally forgot it came with a really messed up body that i just fixed up a little. Can't seem to throw it away...

2 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Found it:

img27838_07032009172218_1_1100_.jpg

img27838_07032009172218_2_1100_.jpg

Thing is as wide as a reg. spray can! 

img27838_07032009172218_3_1100_.jpg

That's awesome you found it. I could not upload any photos anymore to the site  i reached my limit i guess. What hosting site do you guys use?