All,

Hi. I just joined this site.  I am looking for advice.  I have a Clod Buster my father and I built in the late 80's.  He reasontly passed and I was looking to update the battery and upgrade what I can.  The truck is in great shape other than some rubber parts dry rotted.  I have yet to open it up and look trough it thoroughly.  It has been some time like 25+ years since I have really messed around with RC cars, that is built any.  I want to fix this up in my fathers memory and also get back into the hobby as I have a 17 month old boy myself now.  He is already showing interest in RC as he love to watch my flight my drones and run my cars (all of which are bought assemble ).  I am looking to connect with some guys that are Clod Buster experts to help me trough all of this.  Also I want to build a new HotShot too and wondering what is the best in the re launched models. 

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice looking car

I have no experience with these but welcome to the club

Welcome to the site. What do you need help with?

The Chevrolet Clod was only produced for two years, If it was me I would fix what is broken and leave it as is. As you have an emotional attachment to it, some parts are hard to find, and once you start trying to change things, the modification hole is a deep dark one for clod busters. It will no longer be 'yours and your dads' if you fiddle with it. Up to you.

You can buy new super clod busters and hotshots, still available online. Good to see you back in the hobby, we mostly all have a similar story.

• Like 1

For heaven's sake please don't destroy or modify the original CHEVROLET Clod Buster!

I am with @berman  on this one, just replace what is broken. If you want to destroy one of these, you can always get the Super Clod Buster.

• Like 1

Restore it to how it was when you and your Dad had it, and keep the memories alive.

Buy a Super Clod and run that with your son. Make the same memories for him, as your Dad did with you.

• Like 1

Nice Clod, looks like it’s been cared for. The fact these are still in production and as popular as ever is testament to this model. 

Yes I'm with the others, restore it a little then enjoy the memories of it. Get a super clod and then run and bash that one. Enjoy