mattie_uk

Defender cc-01 paint and other bits

Hi all

I'm looking at getting the Defender CC-01 kit and want to get all the bits in one order, given all else that's going on.

Does anyone know what paints I'd require?  I quite like the country green look with white roof, but not sure if there's anything else needed for trim etc.  Recommendations appreciated, noting that I'm terrible at bodyshell trimming and painting so could possibly do with a few bits an bobs to make this easier (a new craft knife would be a plan!)

I'll probably get some ball races as well.

Anything else?  All suggestions appreciated.

(eta: These are usually things I'd sort out in the shop - I'm one of those people who usually end up buying all the gadgets by the tills - but of course can only mail order so will have to specify in advance. )

PS1 white, PS22 Racing green and PS31 if you want smoked glass. Those are to paint the inside of the shell. If you paint things like mirrors etc you will also need TS29 semi gloss black, TS43 Racing Green, X6 orange and X11 Chrome silver. The arches, bumpers and window trims are all stickers. The window ones are ok, use water with washing up liquid and a hair dryer. The fenders etc I didnt do on mine. Personally I would spray the inside first(Mask the windows of course) then with a scalpel cut away the masking film on the outside, around the flares etc and spray with PS paint. Then coat with PS flat coat. Then remove the rest of the film. Not a defender but this is what you get

IMG_1895.JPG.3dc3142f0290a5627cc7777170bba34f.JPG

As for other stuff defo bearings, other than that it runs ok out of the box. Maybe best to build it stock then descend down the wormhole of hop ups later. There are loads of posts on this site for CC01.

Have fun

• Thanks 1

Hi , yes i am a newbie, i bought the Defender kit , but rather than paint using the white roof and green i would like to use the supplied black paint PS-5 over the whole of the body , is this wise and is the supplied can sufficient ? Any other advice would be appreciated as i am at the cut and spray stage now 😊

915391AB-4A2B-46DF-ABA1-7F3C9C697282.jpeg

C5BB0123-098C-4AF9-AECD-702EDBA51858.jpeg

Sorry mate, not quite sure what to advise - might be too late now, if so, how did you get on?

Just heard my kit has been despatched, along with a MF-01x beetle for my wife - annoyingly I'd ordered ball races from another supplier and that order has just been cancelled.  It'll take a while to get another order through, so might just build without and rebuild when the bearings arrive.