Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon Gillham

Round lipos for vintage cars

I need to pick up a couple of round lipos to fit all the rerelease cars, all of them. Ok, specifically an original F103 but if it will fit that it will fit anything.

This Core RC battery is ideal ( @TurnipJFuses them) but they have been out of stock for ages. And ages

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/core-rc-4000mahr-7-4v-30-60c-2s-lipo/rc-car-products/388538

I have a gens ace 4000mah 25C battery which fits the Top Force, Monster Beetle and Boomerang but its too long for the F103

Any other options that are actually available?

Reedy Wolfpacks are hard cased round lipos I use.  They fit just like a NiMh stick pack would.

I've had a number of IP round edge packs to run in my M03 race car, but found they are quite susceptible to puffing so would steer clear of them.

Performance was fine, just once they had a bit of puff it was quite difficult to squeeze them in and out of the chassis.

No issues with any Turnigy packs I have, both square and round edge. Price point quite attractive too.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I have been searching and can find some of them, can't find others (it appears that alibaba stock some and are a great price if I want 30, group buy anyone...)

I had completely forgotten about Turnigy.  I've stopped buying electroncis from Hobbyking generally (I've gone either cheaper for bashers or more expensive for racers) so overlooked them.  I think the Turnigy roundcase is too long but at the price I might get one to try as it will fit most rere's.

I have found the Core RC in stock at Fusion, wonder if they'll ship it down here though.  They have been great in the past with parts and ESC (its always cheaper to get TBLE-02S from the UK than locally, usually get 2 - 3 of them for the price of 1 locally) but lipos could be different.

The best part is - 35 pounds for the Core RC, NZD$42 for the Turnigy...basically $38 for 4.3mm shorter.

53 minutes ago, gregdogghurst said:

I was searching for core rc also with no luck but found these on my travels.

https://www.der-schweighofer.net/LiPo-Pack-Jamara-Hardcase-2S-7.4V-5000mAh-a280144

134x46x24mm

Greg

They look great, its a shame shipping is 22.50! Fusion hobbies have the Core RC in stock but haven't responded to my query about shipping a lipo down here

I use two Jamara packs for years now, they still hold their charge well and fit a variety of otherwise problematic Tamiya battery compartments. E.g. DT-01 and TL-01 chassis accept then just fine.