Sign in to follow this  
rwordenjr

Motor swap or nah?

I've got a DT03 black edition with the torque tuned motor and the Stadium Thunder with the sport tuned motor. To me, it sounds like the truck would be better with the torque motor and the buggy with the sport motor. I'm considering making the switch but what do you guys think? It should be a direct swap right? The DT03 is a 19T pinion and the Stadium Thunder is a 13T pinion. 

You could swap it if you like, the sport tuned is a faster motor than the torque tuned. It certainly will make the dt03 quicker. 

• Like 1

What @Juls1 said. Weight needs torque to initially shift it so I'd definitely swap as I bet the DT-03 is lighter than the Stadium Thunder. Let us know the result. 

• Like 1

Take a few minutes to switch (unless the motors are hard wired in) so what's the harm?

If you miss the speed from the Stadium Thunder you could up it to a 15t no problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

What @Juls1 said. Weight needs torque to initially shift it so I'd definitely swap as I bet the DT-03 is lighter than the Stadium Thunder. Let us know the result. 

Swap has been made, I'll be testing out later today :D

• Like 1