svenb

Custom decals in the UK?

Is there any in the know as if anyone in the UK who can scan a set of plain yellow decals and re-print them with a better backing?. 

I've set from MCIracing and they are really good except for how opaque the yellow is especially when put on a black surface. 

I've colour matched the paint to suit the decals but obviously that changes completely when the the decals are applied 😕

Got a full unused sheet for scanning/copying etc! 

Very frustrating 🙄

Sven 

if you get stuck for help, I can help you out, but I'm down under.

• Like 1

Try Jeremy at screenprintdigital. He does all the bespoke decals over on eBay.

If you send him the file he can let you know how much work is involved/ what is possible. His rates are very reasonable too.

I suspect that you have yellow decals on clear backing, these will need a white base to make them opaque. Depending on the file format, there could be a lot of work individually tracing each shape. I think Adobe publisher is the better format, with images as vectors.

If you need contact details I can pm you.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

if you get stuck for help, I can help you out, but I'm down under.

Thanks mate may take you up on your offer 👍

1 minute ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Try Jeremy at screenprintdigital. He does all the bespoke decals over on eBay.

If you send him the file he can let you know how much work is involved/ what is possible. His rates are very reasonable too.

I suspect that you have yellow decals on clear backing, these will need a white base to make them opaque. Depending on the file format, there could be a lot of work I individually tracingeacj shape. I think Adobe publisher is the better format, with images as vectors.

If you need contact details I can pm you.

Thanks Chris 

It's got a white backing but still shows through a lot. 

I'll take some photos in a bit might help👌

Doesn't look to bad in a photo but it's not right! 

IMG_20200401_112340.jpg

depending on the detail, you could cut the yellow to shape from either solid yellow vinyl (a little black would still show through), or a print onto white vinyl with a grey backing and cut to shape, that wouldn't let any black bleed through.

if you need help with artwork, I can remake them from a scan for you (no charge or anything). I wouldn't normally offer, but I've got a heap of time on my hands!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

if you need help with artwork, I can remake them from a scan for you (no charge or anything). I wouldn't normally offer, but I've got a heap of time on my hands!

Thanks 👍

It's just a scan no different artwork so to speak, just a better backing for the yellow 

1585774072282708617137002379603.jpg

I'll ask the wife! Don't think so! 

that's ok, there is another method, in that you can use with your phone. You just have to hold is flat to the decal sheets. I made a simple holder out of a piece of metal and wood. But as long as the phone is held parallel to the print, any method should be fine. Avoid holding the phone in your hand, as it will always distort a little, but if that's all you got, then I can deal with it.  Also if there is any bending in the paper, hold the edges down with a ruler or something.

Once you've taken the pic, I'll need some measurements. I'll then draw it up and send you back a pdf that you can print off and check that its accurate enough. It'll only be lines so it doesn't waste too much ink

2020_04_02_stand-1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Your too kind mate👍

I've had things scanned before but that was at a proper shop. Not that computer/technology efficient 🙄

Most places shut down at the moment like everywhere, I'll have a crack at it tomorrow and report back. 

I reckon if I could get as close as possible to tamiya ps6 that would be great 

1 minute ago, svenb said:

Nice stand btw👍

well, its not pretty, but it does the job!