Ebay and TC members

I was thinking today that it would be cool to know if the offer you received on an ebay item was from a TC member. I have had a few examples were someone has sent an offer and I have recognised the name.

Maybe we need a codeword, so when you make an offer you type it in the message. What about 'Tamiya for Life' (you might be able to tell that I'm bored). 

I know of two for definite that I have bought from in the past :ph34r:

One of thems decking will probably need a scrub and coat of woodstain this year. Looks a bit tired.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

I know of two for definite that I have bought from in the past :ph34r:

One of thems decking will probably need a scrub and coat of woodstain this year. Looks a bit tired.

I know who you mean😉😅

• Like 1

From personal experience I've found that some members won't buy off members via the forum but happy to go through ebay. 

Might be the security of PayPal goods or the anonymity of a eBay user name! Or both. 

Some time back members eBay names were shown on their TC profile , but this has been removed , maybe for the reasons svenb mentioned

50 minutes ago, svenb said:

From personal experience I've found that some members won't buy off members via the forum but happy to go through ebay. 

Might be the security of PayPal goods or the anonymity of a eBay user name! Or both. 

I'd never really thought of it like that. I kind of feel that there is safety in the club. 

I would rather buy from here every time over eBay but can see the appeal. 

• Like 1

I have an ebay shop, and on a couple of occasions where the name of a buyer or seller seems familiar, have actually asked the person if they are a member of TC. I have found that once that is established, a deal can be done on a freindly basis, and i will always give a discount to TC members.

There are a couple of regular Tamiya parts sellers and breakers on there, and im pretty sure i know which TC members they are.

J

Mines the same name on eBay as on here, and offer free UK postage to members (well, people on here, you know what I mean🙄