Sign in to follow this  
graemevw

Blitzer family motors and pinions.

What are the options here? Only 2 pinion sizes as stock and the kit uses the smaller one for a silver can! Doesnt give you many options.

Plenty of fast blitzers out there though.

It will probably stay brushed as i have loads. It will probably get something around 17t, maybe my dynatech 01r.

But surely with the stock gearing any modifieds will run hot! Or, is it under geared as stock? Any adjustable options already available?

Or, shall i continue thinking about how to cut the gearbox up and make the motor mount adjustable.

Thanks.

I've run down to a 12t brushed with a 15t pinion brushed and have put 4000kv brushless through the gearbox without any real motor temp or gearbox issues. I do tend to run in winter in the evenings however :)

This was the blitzer on a basic sport tuned motor, paired with 2s lipo 

Pretty nippy, even with smaller diameter wheels than stock.

I would start off with 17t and see how you like it before you start modifying too much. It might surprise you, I can't see any overheating issues unless you're running back to back to back super high discharge lipo packs through quicksand.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

I've run down to a 12t brushed with a 15t pinion brushed and have put 4000kv brushless through the gearbox without any real motor temp or gearbox issues. I do tend to run in winter in the evenings however :)

I would start off with 17t and see how you like it before you start modifying too much. It might surprise you, I can't see any overheating issues unless you're running back to back to back super high discharge lipo packs through quicksand.

Thanks.

I guess im a little wary as i cant run 17t in my terra scorcher due to pinion limitations.

Very nice BB you have there. Paint job is pukka. I have a BB also and want to run tyres like yours for tarmac use. Can you give info on the tyres please and are they the standard wheels? Thanks

1 hour ago, Hobgoblin said:

What's the 15T pinion ? Which part # is that? I'm running my ST with the stock 13T pinion paired with the sport tuned and now the torque tuned as of yesterday. 

• Like 1

I am unsure of what model number it would be as I tend not to run Tamiya pinions.

0.8 mod is the pitch, you should be able to find a generic one fairly easily :)

I am a horrible heathen and run 32dp steel pinions as it's close enough to work and I can get them very easily.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/rw-32-dp-pinion-15-teeth/rc-car-products/13775

15 minutes ago, Gazzalene said:

Very nice BB you have there. Paint job is pukka. I have a BB also and want to run tyres like yours for tarmac use. Can you give info on the tyres please and are they the standard wheels? Thanks

Thank you! Tamiya 9804577 found on the street rover, chrome edition blitzer beetle & TR15-T.  Stock wheels just painted yellow.

I have a Blitzer Beetle with a black can 20T motor on 2s with the stock pinion.  Plenty fast for what I want, and 3s for when it's crazy fun time.  On 3s things got a little warm so I added a heatsink to keep it in check.

IMG_20200128_193713.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure why my photos are uploaded vertically when they are normally horizonal..

IMG_20200128_193727.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 9:55 PM, Hobgoblin said:

Thank you! Tamiya 9804577 found on the street rover, chrome edition blitzer beetle & TR15-T.  Stock wheels just painted yellow.

Many thanks for that.