Superluminal

Top Force rear drive shafts

Just finished building a Top Force re re chassis which has the HI Cap damper hop ups.

When the dampers are at full extension (ie the chassis lifted off the ground) the angle of the suspension arms seems to cause the rear drive shafts to bind to the extent that rotating the wheels causes the suspension arms to bob up and down. Once its on its wheels and the suspension sags and the angle of the drivdshafts is straighter its not too bad.

Is this normal? I have installed the spacers correctly inside the dampers Nd am using the hole positions in the shock mount as per the manual.

The only difference is im using the universals in the rear (and thd front) rather than the dog bones. Is this the problem?

You need to move the rear shocks to a different mounting hole to reduce the droop of the arms, that fixes it.

The binding/bobbing is because you have too much droop setup.  From memory you need to use the top row on the shock tower, I’ll take a picture tomorrow of my car with hicaps and post for you.

• Like 1

Ok thanks - i did try that which seemed to sort it but this reduced the ground clearance of the rear quite a bit so wasnt sure it was right.

Got it sorted with a change to the upper shock holes in the mount and a change to the camber on the turnbuckles. It seems the adjustment length in the manual for the stock dampers didnt really work with the hi capw and there was a little bit too much inward camber angle.

On 4/3/2020 at 11:41 PM, GTodd said:

Easy fix, get the rear Universal's. 😁

Do you have a part number for those

I bought another set of the fronts part no 4135028. Not sure about the finishes of these out of the box - they look like theyve been in the sea. Could do with a polish up.

4 hours ago, Oneball1971 said:

Do you have a part number for those

Same as the front and usually described on eBay as Thundershot or Top Force Universal.

12 hours ago, GTodd said:

Same as the front and usually described on eBay as Thundershot or Top Force Universal.

Thankyou 

On 4/7/2020 at 11:45 PM, Superluminal said:

I bought another set of the fronts part no 4135028. Not sure about the finishes of these out of the box - they look like theyve been in the sea. Could do with a polish up.

I bought an extra set of these for the rear and have just had to swap the rears to the front and put the original dog bones on the rear - because they have excessive wear to the point one of them is binding dreadfully - so I have ordered some 3-racing ones which look a lot better than the Tamiya items - whether they will get here remains to be seen!

https://www.3racing-parts.com/tamiya-dt02-universal-shaft-heavy-duty-3racing-dt0203hd-p-1051005.html

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 5:48 PM, Avante2001R said:

Can you have these 3 racing shafts front and rear on the top force ?

I hope so - they have not arrived yet so can't verify. I will advise if and when they arrive.

cheers

G.

Well look at that they arrived - UK leg of delivery was by Hermes and they delivered it to someone down the road !!!! but I got it today. Looks like they will fit to me will try when I get a chance:

20200423_202828.jpg

• Like 1