Sign in to follow this  
julastray

3D Sand scorcher wheels

Hello

I have recently bought a 3D printer and I would like to try and print my own rims design.

Does anyone have a 3D model so I can start from that and make sure it works?

Id addition, if anyone knows where I can find other 3D models of some other parts, It will be very useful to me.

Thank you.

you try thingiverse.com but the interface is terrible, but you'll find lots on there, all for free

there is yeggi.com  - it actually searches other sites, probably the best genera site

there is pinshape.com - lots of designs, but some you will have to pay for

and there is cgtrader.com - lots of designs, most you will have to pay for

You eventually might want to get meshmixer too. It will let you slice prints to either make them fit on your printer, or make them easier to print. It can also repair bad stl files.

And if you have the time, try learning CAD. That is where I am at now. I have made some rims and its not too hard to pick. Lots of options for software too.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

you try thingiverse.com but the interface is terrible, but you'll find lots on there, all for free

there is yeggi.com  - it actually searches other sites, probably the best genera site

there is pinshape.com - lots of designs, but some you will have to pay for

and there is cgtrader.com - lots of designs, most you will have to pay for

You eventually might want to get meshmixer too. It will let you slice prints to either make them fit on your printer, or make them easier to print. It can also repair bad stl files.

And if you have the time, try learning CAD. That is where I am at now. I have made some rims and its not too hard to pick. Lots of options for software too.

Good luck!

Thank you for your answe.

I have searched on thingiverse and other webs but haven't find a lot about sand scorcher, not only the wheels but all the parts.

I am learning CAD but I would like a model so I can start from that and make sure it works.

Thank you

unfortunately if there isn't a lot out there, then its either up to you, or you would need to pay someone.

I would start with printing maybe accessories, like car jack stands, as they are simple and you can still use them as part of a display, there are a lot of them on thingiverse. That will at least give you some practice at printing. It shouldn't take you too long to learn how to draw a rim, although I would suggest getting a vernier caliper if you can. It'll make measuring things a lot more accurate, and you can pick up pretty cheap ones. Although I see you are in Spain, so I don't know what sort of restrictions you are going through.