Mad Ax

Workshop Social Chat - facetime?

I'll try to get the link up by noon GMT this Sunday. I've been messing around with lights and camera angles, but I think I've pretty much got it figured out now. Watch it fall over 10 minutes in and destroy itself though. xD

I suppose I should get my old laptop set up in the workshop sometime tomorrow, rather than leave it until 3 minutes before the call...

Alright guys, this is the link: 

https://meet.jit.si/TamiyaClubSocialChat

Have at it! I'll be offline for a bit this afternoon as I have other things to attend to, but I'll try to get online ASAP. I've got a few things lined up, so I should have plenty to show and tell. 

Keep it clean and family-friendly, and if you have any pets with you they're worth bonus internet-points. :D 

Thanks @GooneyBird. I plan to be on about 1800GMT so hopefully there are a few people on then. That's 6am for me, who knows how much sense I'll be making. Probably the same as those who start now and have a few beers...

I've opened up a stream, and I'll keep my webcam going to make sure the chat room stays active. If you hear any suspect noises, sorry! xD

EDIT: 40 minutes later and I've found many issues with my new USB-C hub and computer sleep. So if you've caught me popping in and out, that's why. 

I'm in the workshop wrenching on Clod stuff right now, will try to get an old laptop set up there soon 

OK, looks like the webcam doesn't work on my old laptop and my mini laptop refuses to switch to the front camera on Jitsi.  No idea why as it was fine on Zoom last week.  Anyway, I should be in the studio doing some CAD at 18:00 GMT so I will be on my main laptop.

I'll be on at 18:00 GMT as well. Got some odds and ends to do on most of my fleet. 

• Like 1

A little earlier than 1800GMT, but I'm online. My wife's gaming in the background in our shared hobby room, so I figured I'd get online.

• Like 1

Thanks @GooneyBird and @Mad Ax for organising and @Bash for joining in too, it was great to meet you guys in person. I may have missed others as I was only on for an hour and a half, and had to cut it short since it was Monday morning here.

Keen to do it again and hope to see more people join in

• Like 2

Yes thanks to @Jonathon Gillham, @Bash and @GooneyBird we had a fab night of talking RC and messing around with projects.  During the chat I managed to load some code onto an Arduino Micro and wire it up to a 2.4GHz receiver so I can now play VRC Pro.

Looking forward to next week's chat, which I think we are planning for Saturday to allow more time zones to join.  I should be able to join round 18:30 GMT next Saturday, assuming toddler bedtime goes to plan.

• Like 3

It was a lot of fun last night. This week I'm planning on doing it on a Saturday-evening (EU-time) so more people might be able to join.

Also, I got nothing done. I replaced a few gears on the CC01, poured some shock oil on them (which is better than grease, is the consensus), and took apart the layshaft of the TRF to remove a stubborn bit of carpet fluff. Ah well, more things to wrench on for next week I suppose.

• Like 1

Thanks to @Mad Ax for coming up with this idea and @GooneyBird for hosting. Was so much fun to talk and hang out. Nothing got done on my end as well LOL.

• Like 1

I will try to get on tonight but can't promise, it's my turn to do toddler bedtime and I'm pretty exhausted after some crazy days. I might be on for 30 mins or so while I tidy up the workshop ready for tomorrow's build fest

I realize it's a bit last-minute, but I'm on. I'll try to make it a regular Satuday-night thing if that's alright with you guys.

For the link, see above.

Really sorry I didn't get online last week, was involved in something else, meant to update the thread but totally forgot. Anyway I will be tidying the workshop between 19:00 and 20:00 (depending on the successful outcome of toddler bedtime) so i will keep the tablet online if anyone fancies dropping in 

Tomorrow is mothers day here so I won't be able to get on. Will be cooking bacon and eggs and making coffee. Its a shame as the final bits for the Super Astute arrived so I actually have a project to do.

• Like 1

Not sure what time I will get on, I was looking forward to a workshop tidy and chat but the day has gone on longer than planned and I am exhausted, might end up crashing out as soon as toddler bedtime is done, we are normally mostly done by now but we haven't even finished eating yet 😅

We can try again next weekend. I'm busy as well tomorrow and hopefully my bigwig will have arrived by next weekend. 

Bumping this thread again. I can do this Sunday if anyone else wants to join

• Like 1

If you guys are running on VRC, our club are using the phone app, discord, and it's brilliant. Headphones on, RC mates on chatting , and RC racing.👌

May sound wrong, but I'm not caring what you guys look like, so a vid chat isn't top of my list, but one to one chat / banter can't be beat.

• Like 1

I'm up for some VRC sometime this week. Discord should be fine for chat as you can run it in the background on PC

• Like 1