Butler

Audi Quattro Rally Project: XV-01 versus XV-01T

Looking at a "stuck in lockdown" project. I love the new Audi Quattro A2 rally car, but I want to put it in on a better chassis than a TT02.

XV-01's are out of stock in the usual places and around £40 quid more than the easily available XV-01T. As I'm not using the shell anyway, I thought about the putting the Audi shell on a XV-01T.

From what I can see the differences are bumper, pinion, wheels, shell and wishbones.

Anyone how the wishbones are different?

Anything else I should be wary of?

Thanks.

P.S I had a TL01 rally car, which was ok, but it also suffered from grip roll on tarmac. XV01 better?

I'd be interested in an answer to this.  I have an Asterion NIB for many years and had always planned on using it as a rally car donor.  I think there was a thread that detailed all the differences but would be nice to know if there's anything specific that would make the T version better (or worse) as a rally donor than the other versions.

I have an Asterion and I believe the only difference in the wishbones is the material that they are made from. Later on I’ll take the wheels off and take pictures. The inner wheel arches are fitted higher up as well I think.

as the XV01 Long damper spec is just being rereleased, why not think about this. (if the Budget allows it).

Hope this helps? These are on sprue F of which there are 2. Each contains one front and one rear. part no is 19000188. I'm sure somebody more knowlegeble will explain the difference in material but I think they are the same shape size as the car version

IMG_1607.JPG.a021b1a4cce56582d15bc0e28ca6aea4.JPG

These show the fitment of the mudguards. They are raised up on spacers part BE9(19804670)

IMG_1908.JPG.1982828454c10d8e982a46a6a624b889.JPGIMG_1909.JPG.4fa01d5f46d708971f33797eab9b6df9.JPG

T version is fitted with21T pinion though due too the nature of the motor mount is easily variable as there are no fixed holes. Recomended up to 29T

I had converted my xv-01 asterion truck back to normal xv -01 a few jears ago, the arms are the same only a different material, i have changed them to carbon reinforced because the are stiffer, I removed the spacers from the mudgaurds and bought parts for the from bumper, I had a subaru body on it,  and changed the wheels thats it. I have sold mine.

You can buy the asterion for 150 euro with 10 euro discount and if you are in the nederlands or germany it is free shipping.

https://www.haertle.de/RC+Modellbau/RC+Autos/TAMIYA+58552+RC+Asterion+XV+01T+Offroadtruck+Bausatz+1+10.html