graemevw

More blitzer questions, bell crank steering and rear toe

Still idly contemplating how i want this stadium thunder to be.

Im hoping to build something that is fairly reasonable on track.

I know about swapping the steering knuckles side to side to eliminate bump steer, but ive also read references to people converting to bell crank steering.

Has anyone on here done this? Been rooting through spares and have enough bits to attempt converting to schumacher procat steering. Might have some associated bits and probably have some tamiya bits too. The schumacher set up is compact though. 

Secondly, rear toe. Am i right in thinking it has none? Whats peoples thoughts on of its worth trying to add some? Has anyone tried? Seems like it would be reasonably easy to work a different rear upright into it, or maybe other more extreme options like different inner pivots. Even worthwhile thinking about this?

I feel its a little unfair of me to judge the car before ive even built it, let alone driven it, but ive had a taste of rc10s and procats so improving handling interests me more these days.

I know its no race truck, but i enjoy improving stuff :)

cant mock anything up yet as ive swapped my red A and B parts for black so am waiting for them to arrive.

thanks.

On 4/3/2020 at 11:09 AM, graemevw said:

Still idly contemplating how i want this stadium thunder to be.

Im hoping to build something that is fairly reasonable on track.

I know about swapping the steering knuckles side to side to eliminate bump steer, but ive also read references to people converting to bell crank steering.

Has anyone on here done this? Been rooting through spares and have enough bits to attempt converting to schumacher procat steering. Might have some associated bits and probably have some tamiya bits too. The schumacher set up is compact though. 

Secondly, rear toe. Am i right in thinking it has none? Whats peoples thoughts on of its worth trying to add some? Has anyone tried? Seems like it would be reasonably easy to work a different rear upright into it, or maybe other more extreme options like different inner pivots. Even worthwhile thinking about this?

I feel its a little unfair of me to judge the car before ive even built it, let alone driven it, but ive had a taste of rc10s and procats so improving handling interests me more these days.

I know its no race truck, but i enjoy improving stuff :)

cant mock anything up yet as ive swapped my red A and B parts for black so am waiting for them to arrive.

thanks.

It has stock rear toe in. You can’t adjust it but it already has some 

• Like 1