Sign in to follow this  
67CamaroSS

cheap 956 bodies pics!

I just wanted to get your opinion on this. I painted and decaled a bolink 962 body like the 956, what do you think. Excuse the 'underspray' of the rear fins.

PorscheRothmans956Body.jpg

PorscheRothmans956BodySide.jpg

VERY nice indeed mate - you just cannot complain about that !!

The best way to get rid of the clear on the fins is to get the old trusty paintbrush - and the Tamiya white PC paint (or whatever you used) - and brush on the insde.......obvious I know - however I thought it might be helpfull.

Cheers

Darryn

Want more than Just Tamiya ??

webpagelink.JPG

Visit my page !!

Did you use origional decals for that? [:o]

It looks nice, though it seems that the curved, blue 'PORSCHE' decal on the windscreen didn't really fit [:I]. The underspray is a bit of a pitty, if you fix it it will look pretty nice. [:)]

I also noticed the FRONT of the car is a bit different from the origional: the corners / headlight-lenses are suposed to be a bit curved. Look at the origional and you'll see... [|)] (You already mentioned it was a 962 and no 956 body, now you know the difference.) Pretty strange I noticed this, I don't have this car and I know little about it. I just have an eye for those little thing I guess... [:D]

Sjoerd

I've since cleaned up the underspray so it looks a little better now. Ya I used an original decal set, the racing decals are relativly easy to come by, usually can get them for 2-4 buck a sheet(still looking for a Rothmans set). The "Porsche" on the windshield doesnt fit and requires some trimming. The front lights were a tough call since they are very different than the 956 so I took the easy way out and followed the body lines plus I thought doing them all black would make them too big. Anyway it was just my attempt at making a cheap $13.00 Bolink body a decent runner. I have an OK Newman 956 but I would feel a lot better if rolled the 956 with this body on it rather than the Newman! thanks for the kind words.

George

If it's a runner body this will certainly do the job. Why didn't you just made you own decal job? [:)] (These doesn't really fit that well anyway)

On the track nobody is going to see the difference, especially form a distance. Very nice! [:D]

Sjoerd

67camaross, the rothmans decals are a suplement to the Racing decal sheet. Unlike the 959 Rothmans sheet which is totally different than the 959 Racing sheet. You can see pics of the suplement sheet here

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=1354&id=34

These suplemental sheets are so rare, I would never use one on anything other than a new original 956 body. One other alternative would be to use the rothman decals that come on this sheet

8271.jpg

These sheets are for use on the new F-201 chassis. I bought a set just in case I ever get a F-201. Kinda like the egg before the chicken. You can get them here http://www.formula1-rc.com/shop/