Ray68

CC01 Bronco Shell Fitting

I want to fit the Tamiya Bronco shell to CC01 chassis which was a Pajero Sport do I need to buy any mounting kit sprue?

I can't find the Bronco manual online to check what is required.

Due to the  crisis I am trying to avoid buying things at the moment that aren't essential so hoping the Pajero mounting kit can be utilised?

Thanks 

Thanks I will have a look but the Pajero sport shell is polycarbonate not hard body.

I have looked into this a bit more and I think I now need parts 9115264 x2?

Somehow I missed the 'Sport' part. The parts 9115264 should be part of the Pajero Sport kit, the current body posts should be mounted on them. The Bronco manual says you need 9005741 but they seem to be the same as the ones for the Pajero. Even the body shape is almost the same. Just try it.

There's different ways of mounting polycarbonate bodies to a CC01. The early one, as seen on the VW Toaureg Dakar, was straight bodyposts fitted to the wide positions via a screw fixed through the wheel arch. 

The later body post set up involves the use of the M parts which bridge the chassis left and right sides, placing the vertical bodyposts closer together in a more traditional sense. I believe this is how it is on the Bronco, which also makes use of the front bumper that comes with the M-parts sprue (it will look odd without it, the Pajero Sport body doesn't need it)

I'll get some pictures tomorrow to explain what I mean a bit better.

7 hours ago, Ray68 said:

Thanks I will have a look but the Pajero sport shell is polycarbonate not hard body.

I have looked into this a bit more and I think I now need parts 9115264 x2?

I had the exact same issue.

The Pajero Rally body uses two small metal mounts in front and the ones sticking out horizontally from the rear, like the Jeep and hard body Pajero use, so they are no good for the Bronco.

You need 19115291 and 19005741. You will also need two long screws, about 3x40mm, which I just bought on eBay.. I think with the 19115291 you also get the correct chrome bumper.  I’ve attached pics of my work in progress.

You could probably make some other mounts work on the front, but the rear is so high, that Tamiyas design is best, otherwise I think it would wobble too much with just long straight mounts.  I would just bite the bullet and buy the a Tamiya parts.

Hope this helps.

FEFBBD48-5EDB-473C-A7D5-1E4BDADFDA6B.jpeg

BC122A21-3ECF-48E1-B90A-8B9E1AD72848.jpeg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 67CamaroSS said:

I had the exact (...)

FEFBBD48-5EDB-473C-A7D5-1E4BDADFDA6B.jpeg

Gorgeous wheels you got there!

Wheels are Gear Head 1.55 Slot Mag one piece aluminums. They were just what I was looking for the baja paint scheme I have in mind.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input I have ordered 2off  9115264 which are M sprues which means i still need to sort the front number?