ALEXKYRIAK

Is anyone out running?

Hi all, is anyone out running cars and bashing? I thought I might take advantage of the relatively quiet  public spaces but apart from one RC running a few weeks ago, somehow I feel it’s not appropriate, especially if the police turn up. (honestly it’s ‘excercise’, Officer....) 

Is anyone out there running? I live in a city but I assume if you live in the countryside/out of town  it’s a bit easier? 

sigh.... :( 

Post pics if you made it out!

Hope everyone is well! :) 

We live in a village, but take ‘Vanessa’ with us on our daily Corona Constitutional. 

• Like 1

I am lucky enough to spend these lockdown time in the countryside with plenty of woodland and trails just beside the house, so I am able to run and bash every single day. I really feel privileged, especially given the situation.

If I were in the city, I'd look for empty spaces as close as possible to where I live (public parks are now closed in my area, but parking lots, dead end roads or alleys may do for a quick run to at least scratch the itch!). The closer you are to your home, the more understandable and forgivable your 'exercise' would be, provided that you are still distancing the bypassers. It's the people that carelessly take unneeded trips all over the place and the ones gathering in group that are the most dangerous and rightly so more targeted by the police. If you are careful, use common sense and you don't venture too far off, I'm sure you can take some quick runs now and then. Though it might not feel as relaxing as before :(

• Like 1

I have been running on road stuff in the street because the lockdown means hardly any passing cars now, which is nice. Haven't been anywhere else though. 

• Like 2

I spent most of yesterday cleaning up the backyard. The new dog has done a good job of destroying it over the winter. Lots of chewed up sticks and lots of leaves. 

But now it’s in good shape for some drive time with the Bushy D - I mean the BarbieFoot!

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I have been running on road stuff in the street because the lockdown means hardly any passing cars now, which is nice. Haven't been anywhere else though. 

The roads near me dont seem any quieter than normal really!

I'm quite lucky, I've got a lot of woodland and trails less than two minutes walk from my front door. Almost every trip I've taken out to get some exercise has been with my cc-01 as well as my three year old daughter who is having a great time exploring the woods with me and spotting the animals that live there. So far we've seen loads of grey squirrels (I've heard rumours of red ones in the area as well but no sightings yet), loads of wood pigeons and even a couple of deer. 

I'm tempted to take either my axial Scx10ii or bomber out with me at some point but to be honest I don't think I'd have as much fun as I am wheeling the wee cc-01 around. There's a real sense of satisfaction in getting it over obstacles that the Scx10ii and bomber wouldn't even notice. 

• Like 2

I  am still  going to the beach to run my cars, I am going early in the mornings, there are not a lot of people at that time, with hundreds of meters apart I think it is no problem and I don't feel guilty.

I am happy that after 6 months of almost every day rain, the weather is now nice sunny and dry, so I am not going to stay inside the house the whole time, but I am carefull and do not go to crowded places or go shopping or stupid stuff like that.

• Like 1

My kids took their mad bulls out earlier, there is a cul-de-sac on the side of my house, they originally started on scooters but ended with their mad bulls out just driving around there.  First time I've ever wished a car battery would die, I was well impressed with how long they lasted but felt very cheeky 😂

• Like 1

I've been running around a little gymkhana out in front of my house with the M cars. It's been raining the past few days, though.

More than ever :lol:

Since I've been furloughed from work I've completed a couple of projects and probably done about 5 charges of my LiPo's using my array of 'runners'. Also brought some out of hibernation and made them runners.

As you're on your own I think it's responsible enough - you're not interacting with anyone, touching any surfaces and you're hardly putting yourself or others at risk either.

But I did see this article and it made me chuckle:
https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/30/man-sent-home-police-driving-remote-controlled-car-outside-12478931/

• Like 1

We live close to a national forest, and so the Pajero's been getting the most love recently. It's my walking buddy, and the missus and myself go on 3+hour long hikes through the forest.

• Like 2

I keep wanting to; I'm still working from home, and it seems like every day it starts raining just before I get off work. And yesterday it rained all day. But today it's only partly cloudy, so hopefully I can burn through a couple of battery packs. I'll stay on my own property, so if anyone wants to tell me off, they'll have to trespass and break the six-foot-rule to do so. ;)

• Haha 3

I actually spent most of my time at the work bench or behind a spray can. I knew I'd be stuck going back to work in the worst of it and felt a strange need to tie up the loose ends that I could. Even gave my wife instructions to sell all my stuff on Tamiyaclub should anything unfortunate happen (morbid, I know). Yesterday I got out the Blackfoot and today, the Optima. Both were good, trouble free runs. I stuck to the backyard as our development is now littered with "walkers" who come right up and chat as if there was no thing such as social distancing going on.

• Like 3

I have just test run my new red edition lunchbox in the garden that took me 9 months to finish as it was to cold to spray the body. I realise I am lucky as I have a small grass patch in the garden I feel really sorry for those in flats with not much room and no garden. I haven't done much running either as I have projects coming out of my ears i have a few cars to build but also am in to g gauge and doing a lot of rebuilds on locos sorry to drift off.  

• Like 3

as long as you're keeping safe distance from others, there is nothing to feel guilty about. I ran my super levant for the first time outside today! 

IMG_0850.jpg

• Like 2

We have been running the WW2 in the back garden the last two days but our local walks have taken us to places we had never ventured previously as we try to avoid other humans. 

One spot in particular looks great for scale rally cars and trail trucks so perhaps when this is past the boy and I will take a trip..

• Like 1

There has been a discussion on some FB forums about this over the past week.  As @Problemchild says, it's not technically allowed as it isn't classed as exercise.

If you're in a built-up area and you're going to a deserted car park then you may technically be putting nobody at risk, but it is also the example you're setting.  We're telling teenagers to lock up indoors and only go out for exercise, and yet there are kids whizzing up and down the streets on their mountain bikes like it's the summer holidays.  Also people have been abusing the exercise allowance to walk miles from home to get to rural areas, as a result those rural areas are now packed with people too close together to be safe, which completely voids the point of lockdown.  I haven't heard anything official but there have been rumours the exercise allowance will be changed or banned altogether.

I have a garden which is just about big enough for my G6-01.  I can't really get it up to full speed but my 3yo loves to chase it around and put leaves and stones in the back.  That's the only running I've done.  I probably wouldn't do any harm if I raced up and down the private road behind my house but as it's overlooked by houses it might attract complaints.  So I'll just stick to my garden.

Actually it was warm and sunny all day yesterday (we've had an unprecedented dry spell in the south west but yesterday was the first properly warm day), and I spent all day in my workshop under artificial lighting.  Under normal circumstances I'd have raised the roller door to let the sunlight in, but the wind was quite strong and I didn't fancy all sorts of detritus from the "unsafe zone" blowing into my garage, plus I felt it's a bit unfair to the people in the much smaller houses that overlook my workshop to see me getting all that personal space and time away from my family while they're shut in with theirs.

Anyway, that's my take on it.  If you're close to secluded woodland and you can take a CC01 as part of your daily walk then I think only the most jobsworth cop would have an issue, but you're going to a car park in a city then other residents might be asking why they can't go there to ride their bikes, practice their skateboard tricks or sunbathe.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 9:01 PM, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Hi all, is anyone out running cars and bashing? I thought I might take advantage of the relatively quiet  public spaces but apart from one RC running a few weeks ago, somehow I feel it’s not appropriate, especially if the police turn up. (honestly it’s ‘excercise’, Officer....) 

Is anyone out there running? I live in a city but I assume if you live in the countryside/out of town  it’s a bit easier? 

sigh.... :( 

Post pics if you made it out!

Hope everyone is well! :) 

You could always claim you're 'exercising' your mental health.

Or should it be exorcising...?

So this weekend I tried to shuffle our vehicles around and move my truck a bit more out of the way. Unfortunately, the ground wasn'tas solid as I might have liked, and all I accomplished was making a big mess of the grass....

...and creating a really great little crawling spot. :)

20200406_161423

20200406_161627

20200406_161701

20200406_162520

That's an ECX Barrage, if you're curious, with a much-hacked-up Tamiya YJ Wrangler body. It did pretty well, only got high-centered a couple of times, and I only laid it on its side once.

Trouble is, now I have to clean it...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Problemchild said:

It’s not exercise if you are standing still :)

But officer, I'm exercising my thumbs, my mind and my eyes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

But officer, I'm exercising my thumbs, my mind and my eyes.

Don’t forget running back n forth to put it back on its wheels.