Sign in to follow this  
trev82

transmitter/ servo options for tamiya konghead

Hey, 

Any konghead owners give advice.  Reading about the 4 wheel steering options for them

•  Do you need at least a three channel transmitter to operate 4ws?  If so can you recommend one?
  • I only used 4kg plastic servo in other builds.  Would you reccomend stronger metal gear servos for this kit?

Thanks 

Trevor

I've used 2 Ch and split the servo lead with a y cable, works fine.

Cheap servo also ok no issues

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trev82 said:

Hey, 

Any konghead owners give advice.  Reading about the 4 wheel steering options for them

•  Do you need at least a three channel transmitter to operate 4ws?  If so can you recommend one?
  • I only used 4kg plastic servo in other builds.  Would you reccomend stronger metal gear servos for this kit?

Thanks 

Trevor

I used a Futaba S3003 on a Monster Beetle and it was ok, but replaced it with a cheap MG995 metal gear servo which has improved things, its stronger and faster and does a better job of moving those big wheels.  I think I got 4 of the MG995 from Bangood for the price of one S3003, the MG996 is similar too.  The only thing is of the 4 one doesn't work that well.  I wouldn't trust them in a plane or boat which could be lost, but they are fine in bashers where the worst that can happen is play is stopped until you get a replacement.

There are other cheap brands which work ok, rctech has a thread on cheap servos.  I have used JX servos which are about USD13 and they work well and are holding up to jumping in a Top Force.  Hobbyking have a bunch too.  AGF is another brand which I think are ok.

They can be hit and miss, but for the amount of money you are saving compared to Savox etc, and the gain in performance I think its worth a punt.

• Like 1