E-Z Brake Parts

Basher Running Supplies 

TAM Race Support 

Never-Run Shelving 

MAAN Sheds 

tbh tamiya are amazing at their designs 

JJ

• Like 1

so I found some existing logos and modified them. I might try and so some more tonight

silly-logos-01.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

hmm, I did some quick calculations, and I could do an A4 sheet onto an outdoor white vinyl (unfortunately I can't print onto clear), each logo dye cut too, of a number of different logos for about $12 AUD delivered world wide. Packaging wouldn't be flash, as I have to get them into an envelope to make postage out of Australia cheap. Delivery times might be about 2 weeks as well to the US or UK. Would anybody be interested? I'd of course have to do a few more logos, I was thinking maybe around 20 or 30 different logos ones?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yeah - count me in :)

only £6

i wouldn’t worry about laser cutting - tamiya dont ;)

shame about clear but I’m in

JJ

19 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

Yeah - count me in :)

only £6

i wouldn’t worry about laser cutting - tamiya dont ;)

Tamiya ones are on clear, so it's less noticeable. Plus the machine does it all, so its an easy process.

19 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

shame about clear but I’m in

JJ

yeah, I'd love to get a white ink printer, but they are expensive! and I don't get enough work to justify the cost :(

• Like 1

@yogi-bear I love that idea, with a few more logos it would be great.

Would you be able to do the logos in a variety of sizes?  I find no matter what I'm working on, the decals are never quite the size I need.  There are some good drift sticker sheets on ebay that squeeze ink into virtually every little bit of space.

5 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

@yogi-bear I love that idea, with a few more logos it would be great.

Would you be able to do the logos in a variety of sizes?  I find no matter what I'm working on, the decals are never quite the size I need.  There are some good drift sticker sheets on ebay that squeeze ink into virtually every little bit of space.

what I think I'll do is firstly work out some logos and post them to see they are liked, and then get feedback on sizing. And agreed, the sheet should be filled. I was also thinking there would be multiples of each logo. I'll see how many different designs I can punch out though, as that will be the limiting factor.

At this stage I'll stay away from driver names, I like the idea, but it'll add too much to the work load at the moment.

1 hour ago, yogi-bear said:

hmm, I did some quick calculations, and I could do an A4 sheet onto an outdoor white vinyl (unfortunately I can't print onto clear), each logo dye cut too, of a number of different logos for about $12 AUD delivered world wide. Packaging wouldn't be flash, as I have to get them into an envelope to make postage out of Australia cheap. Delivery times might be about 2 weeks as well to the US or UK. Would anybody be interested? I'd of course have to do a few more logos, I was thinking maybe around 20 or 30 different logos ones?

Brilliant! Are you going to be putting together logos too or do you need submissions? If so, in what format? I have limited ability and probably don't have the tech required but I'd give it a go - don't want to bring down the overall quality though!!

SBG do something similar but they are all produced by the forum owner / admin with little or no community input. They do cool windscreen visors and (occasionally) funny bumper stickers too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Brilliant! Are you going to be putting together logos too or do you need submissions? If so, in what format? I have limited ability and probably don't have the tech required but I'd give it a go - don't want to bring down the overall quality though!!

sure you (or anyone else) are welcome to submit for input. Ideally its in vector format, so not a bitmap, but if that's all you have, then so be it. Format should be svg, illustrator, coreldraw, pdf or eps. Avoid publisher files, they are a pain in the butt. But give it a go, even if its not perfect, I can tidy it up.

For these, as I'll be modifying existing logos anyway, so I won't really have a claim to copyright. And I'll probably make a printable file for download.

12 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

SBG do something similar but they are all produced by the forum owner / admin with little or no community input. They do cool windscreen visors and (occasionally) funny bumper stickers too.

windscreen stickers, there is a good idea too!

Love them all but Not the retardo one - could cause offence 

how about RECLINO or RERECAR

JJ

• Like 2

I was also thinking there would be multiples of each logo.

Oh absolutely this - I hate when model shops / suppliers include ONE sticker, or a sticker sheet where no two stickers are the same size or colour.  Cars have TWO sides - do they not think we'll want a sticker on each side..?

If I'm adding a small sponsor logo then I'll typically add one each side, but I might add a larger version of the same logo on the bonnet and boot lid too.

Also very small stickers (if printable) are cool - I had a sheet of tiny little stickers that I put on the rear window of my Fifty Fifty monster truck.  They really add to the scale realism.  Lots of 1:1 clubman-level race cars would have smaller stickers on the windows too.

P2180027.jpg

Another thing worth considering is that race cars aren't always sponsored by racing parts brands - most of the famous liveries from the classic racing era are alcohol or tobacco brands.  Even at the club level, 1:1 racers can be sponsored by anybody.

Ergo - any kind of comedic company names would work here.  Although not necessarily on Yogi's sticker sheet because they would take up too much space :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Never-ready li-poo flatteries 

Conrad Performance

240826 Horsepower 

Super Slippers 

Or how about some tamiya car inspired ones? 

Munchiebox

Clot-Buster 

Blundershot 

Munter-Ray 

• Like 3

Ideally its in vector format, so not a bitmap, but if that's all you have, then so be it. Format should be svg, illustrator, coreldraw, pdf or eps. Avoid publisher files, they are a pain in the butt. But give it a go, even if its not perfect, I can tidy it

Um, I understood bitmap and pdf in that post. 😁

Will have to do some research...

1 hour ago, Mad Ax said:

Oh absolutely this - I hate when model shops / suppliers include ONE sticker, or a sticker sheet where no two stickers are the same size or colour.  Cars have TWO sides - do they not think we'll want a sticker on each side..?

If I'm adding a small sponsor logo then I'll typically add one each side, but I might add a larger version of the same logo on the bonnet and boot lid too.

Also very small stickers (if printable) are cool - I had a sheet of tiny little stickers that I put on the rear window of my Fifty Fifty monster truck.  They really add to the scale realism.  Lots of 1:1 clubman-level race cars would have smaller stickers on the windows too.

P2180027.jpg

Another thing worth considering is that race cars aren't always sponsored by racing parts brands - most of the famous liveries from the classic racing era are alcohol or tobacco brands.  Even at the club level, 1:1 racers can be sponsored by anybody.

Ergo - any kind of comedic company names would work here.  Although not necessarily on Yogi's sticker sheet because they would take up too much space :) 

I'm liking those rear window stickers, and comedic company names sounds like a good idea. Hmm, I'll have to start planing a second sheet. Luckily I haven't got any else much better to do!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Done in the same style as those old Intel Inside stickers? 

That is a good idea.