Sign in to follow this  
Jay510

RX-540VZ

Hi guys, is anyone able to help give me a price for an unused and still in box RX-540VZ Technigold

With an item that hasn’t been in production for decade or two it could be worth $25 or $350. It really depends on how many other buyers are looking for that item at the same time you are.  If there’s not many and the seller doesn’t have a minimum price he thinks it’s worth, then you could get it for less.

Similar to a classic car auction. If there’s no reserve on a specific car your interested and no one else is bidding on it, then you will get it for a great price.

On 4/6/2020 at 7:12 AM, Jay510 said:

Hi guys, is anyone able to help give me a price for an unused and still in box RX-540VZ Technigold

Are you selling? A technigold not used depending on condition and assuming it's decent should be worth 100usd+

They are sought after and rare in that condition, so you can have buyers willing to go way over that to acquire one, an absolute mint box and motor could fetch over 200usd easy.

What about the dynatech motors, are they valuable?

Never hear them mentioned these days but wasn’t it a better motor than the technigold?  

I had the technigold back in the day in my 959 that I’d fit into my Hornet and also some other motors I got from a hobby show in the mid/late 80’s that were in little motor tubs but can’t remember their make, looked cool with wires poking out (stock car motors maybe, sure stock was on them)

1 hour ago, jameswrx said:

What about the dynatech motors, are they valuable?

Never hear them mentioned these days but wasn’t it a better motor than the technigold?  

the dynatechs are quicker and also very valuable, they are the correct hop up motors for cars from the late 80s and early 90s. In my experience, th's much easier to find a cheap technigold than a dynatech.