Sign in to follow this  
Evilive99

cars with same chassis?

I see a lot of the cars have the same chassis (TT-02 for example).  Does this mean they are all the same build instructions for the majority of the car?  Do you enjoy building different cars with the same chassis or is it not interesting once you have done it once?  

2 hours ago, Evilive99 said:

I see a lot of the cars have the same chassis (TT-02 for example).  Does this mean they are all the same build instructions for the majority of the car?  Do you enjoy building different cars with the same chassis or is it not interesting once you have done it once?  

you would do better in your second build of the same chassis.

• Like 1

Some chassis are the same each time round, which can be a bit dull. Others are capable of multiple configurations and/or come in different versions, and thus provide quite a varied build experience. Although both TT-02s, my TT-02 Type S and the TT-02 charity build were very different to each other, and both differed quite significantly from my TT-02B build for example. Then there is also the possibility of taking a kit and building in variations of your own. For example I have three TT-01s, one built for indoor track racing, one for drifting and one for rally. The optimizations required for the three different tasks led to three quite different builds. 

Then you also get those individuals for whom the body is the main source of enjoyment from a build, and the chassis is little more than a display stand. In such cases having a familiar chassis that can be put together with minimal time and effort means getting to the fun part quicker. 

• Like 1

I’m having this issue - I see a nice car and then realise it’s on a tt-02b chassis so I don’t get it :(

trying to find a build that’s interesting is key for me

im buying good quality 2nd hand ones like Nitro Thunder, clod Buster and mad bull.

NDF-01 nitro thunder, stripped it down and replaced the chassis (cosmetic reasons only), the clod was a total strip down and rebuild replacing parts as I went and the madbull was bodywork focussed.

I’ve also bought 2 new chassis

manta ray (couldn’t justify a top Force)

Durga (fancied a belt driven rare model)

but I’m now running out of interesting builds as even things like the stadium trucks are the same underneath.

(I’m into buggies / trucks only really)

The terra scorcher rere build is different 

baja king is an interesting set up 

the comical hornet was great fun (and mega cheap)

so my overarching statement is there are very few new buggies that are different but don’t rule out tearing down a 2nd hand one  and rebuilding it 

JJ

• Like 1