NobbySideways

This one will divide the forum... best handling buggy....

The top force is the best handling tamiya rc buggy that I have personally used! It can handle all amount of different motors and batteries (even better handling with the hi-cap dampers) in saying that it is 4wd and at times on certain surfaces can suffer from oversteer! The super astute however is 2wd and still corners like its 4wd but without the oversteer but has a limit on the motor + batteries especially brushless when it comes to its handling!

• Like 1

I am not sure if its just becase its the buggy I had first when I was 11 (Many many years ago) but I have never felt more in control than when I am driving my Tamiya Falcon.

Back in the day it went up against Schumacher Cats, Optima Mids and I won so many grass races in Birmingham with it.

Since then ive owned the buggys below and Falcon is still my fav to drive out of them and I still edge towards 2WD over 4WD buggies.

Neo Scorcher, Hornet. Grasshopper, Rising Fighter, Baja King, Fighter Buggy, Holiday Buggy, Buggy Champ, Sand Scorcher, Racing Fighter, dark Impact and probably others that i have forgotten about.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 6:03 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

Assuming that anything TRF is out, then I suspect that DN01 and DB01 would win here, but I have driven neither.

I agree on this. The DN01 (2WD) and DB01 (4WD) are basically "TRF ready" cars. So they probably would perform about 60-70% of their TRF counterparts.

• Like 1

Of the cars i own the best handling is

1. egress

2. dn01

3. tt02bms

worst was the monster beetle by far

On 4/6/2020 at 6:11 PM, markbt73 said:

I don't know about "best" (which is subjective anyway)

Yep I'm with you on this. For me the best handling buggy is the Super Champ and its rere. Simply because the way it handles on sand gives me the most pleasure and biggest grins of all my buggies.

The TRF503X is a peach.

the best plastic tub Tamiya is the Durga (DB01), It will wipe the floor with any of the other buggies in tamiya’s range other than the TRF 4wd cars. It’s a brilliant buggy.

• Like 3