Hi everyone,

I’m expecting delivery of my MR anytime soon and wondered if there’s any mods I should look at whilst in build. 
Also wondering what would be the best speed controller for it. I’d normally use the std Tamiya one that comes in the kit but this one doesn’t have one. 

Many thanks in advance. 

Ive got a six channel absima one that i use on all my cars (its got a 20 model memory)

It has a three position toggle switch on one of the channels with end point adjustment so is great for the gear change.

I would read some of the threads on bruiser builds. One of the things i picked up was not to pushe the wheel bearing all the way into the hub cups as this lead to slightly wobbly front wheels if they were pushed all the way in. Aprart from that i think you will enjoy every second of building it.

• Thanks 1

You can easily remove the smoke from the chrome bits (rollbar, lights, and wheels) with nail polish remover. That'll make the truck look much better!

14 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Ive got a six channel absima one that i use on all my cars (its got a 20 model memory)

It has a three position toggle switch on one of the channels with end point adjustment so is great for the gear change.

I would read some of the threads on bruiser builds. One of the things i picked up was not to pushe the wheel bearing all the way into the hub cups as this lead to slightly wobbly front wheels if they were pushed all the way in. Aprart from that i think you will enjoy every second of building it.

i pushed the hub cups all the way in and there are no wobbly. the trick is:

- you install them as per the manual instructed

- you run the truck for several packs of battery

- you ignore the slops / plays at the front wheels during this period

- after some time, you loosen the front wheels and re-tighten the lock nuts

- you would discover that you could tighten the lock nuts further then when you newly build it

- the slops / plays at the front wheels disappeared

• Like 1

you could installe

the slipper clutch 54412

the deep dish wheels 54414

do the upfront servo conversion

and also installe the leds

driver figure

fender flaires

mind these are what i have done on my bruiser but its the same 

• Like 1